Our London based US Private Client Services (PCS) team combines US and UK domestic tax knowledge, delivering an integrated dual handler tax service offering to US clients.
We work with High Net Worth Individuals who are typically US citizen UK resident non-domiciled. We are part of the Financial Services practice and therefore have many clients in the Wealth and Asset Management sector, including fund managers in private equity and hedge funds (experience in this area is an advantage but not a requirement).
Our services include a broad range of tax advice covering cross-border planning; estate and gift tax planning; tax efficient business structuring; expatriation advice; trusts; personal federal, state and local individual tax compliance.
EY is continuing to invest heavily in the private client space and the US/UK PCS team are seen as a key growth area. Suitable candidates will have a genuine opportunity to progress within the role and to be part of shaping the team for the future.
- Be part of our senior leadership team, taking a share of responsibility for all aspects of team management and growth
- Be a market leader in your area of specialism, quickly growing your internal EY network and bringing an external network and relationships to your new role
- Establish strong relationships across sub-service line teams, seeking opportunities to bring EY’s private capital offering to our existing and new clients
- Take ownership of a significant portfolio, seeking and closing on client advisory opportunities
- Develop a pipeline of opportunities and sales, utilising appropriate resources and market tools
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Effectively manage a team of tax advisors and managers, enabling them to deliver to clients while you grow our business and bring senior leadership
- Oversee the successful delivery of tax technical projects, ensuring technical excellence and a practical approach taken
- Motivate a team to bring exceptional client service
- You will be responsible for counselling other team members, developing technical excellence and guiding them through their careers
- Be self-motivated to develop your own career, showing the business you are ready for the next step in your career
- Strong business developer
- Client centric and strategically and commercially aware
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- Experienced leader with exceptional technical skills in both US and UK taxation
- Prior experience of managing a portfolio of US/UK personal tax clients
- Team development
- Preferably experience at senior manager level
Ideally, you’ll also have
What we look for
We are looking for a private client senior manager with strong US/UK tax technical capabilities, drive and enthusiasm to win new work through our established business development channels and play a leadership role as we grow our advisory business.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.