At Agribusiness Intelligence, we specialise in every aspect of food and agriculture across the whole value chain from fertilizers to agricultural commodities, policy and trade. We provide clients with a complete picture of the industry, by combining strategic insight and deep industry knowledge with tailored proprietary data and analysis. We are unique in that we offer both the breadth of coverage across the value chain but also the depth of expertise across sectors and individual commodities. With over 130 analysts globally and a collective 2,000+ years of industry experience.
Within Agribusiness Consulting we provide project-based consultancy work to organisations in the crop protection and seed industry and to financial institutions.
You will be a key member of the IHS Markit global Agribusiness Consulting team, reporting into the Director, Agribusiness Intelligence. You will have the opportunity to work outside the crop protection and seed space into related areas such as crop production, sustainable agriculture, bioenergy and agribusiness. Key responsibilities include:
- Apply your sector specific knowledge base in crop protection and seed space to client projects
- Be a lead in terms of content delivery on very large, highly complex projects and where needed can act as the project lead in charge of moderately complex projects
- For smaller projects, work independently to execute and deliver the work
- Work in an interactive way to deliver projects via connections with the IHS Markit crop protection, seed and agribusiness subscription areas (PMD, Agrow, Vantage, Vu, among others) as well as other internal knowledge and data centers
- Work collaboratively across geographies within agribusiness consulting as well as other consulting groups within IHS Markit
- Be flexible in working on projects in other areas of agribusiness including areas such as crop production, machinery, biofuels, biomass and policy
From a research and/or consulting capacity you will also have:
- Substantial agribusiness experience. Traditionally acquired by working for industry, consulting, technology firms and/or government
- Direct crop protection and seed industry experience
- Post-graduate degree (likely to be in agriculture, business or economics)
- Highly organized and creative skills, with accomplished time and project management
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills and good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment and to navigate and excel in a complex, matrix organization
- Ability to work within and on occasion lead and manage teams
- Solid leadership skills and the ability to work independently without day to day direct authority
What We Offer
- The opportunity to be part of an organization that brings some of the brightest minds from all over the world together to consult on agribusiness issues
- On the job training and access to resources so you can work to be recognized internally and externally as a guru in one or more crop protection and/or seed segments
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.