Are you a good communicator? Do you enjoy interacting with people across multiple disciplines?
We're looking for a Customer Care Specialist within the Energy and Natural Resources Division to:
- Maintain a high level of client care for IHS Markit clients.
- Develop an understanding of the users and their needs and be their 'voice' within the business by conveying customer feedback to the relevant stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot client issues to determine root cause and provide a reasonable resolution.
- Leverage your internal network and previous experience to proactively find answers to complex questions to provide the quickest and best resolution to customers.
- Explain complex workflows in a straightforward and organized manner.
- Continually improve product knowledge to ensure the best support can be offered to all clients
You will be part of the Energy & Natural Resources Customer Care team in Gdansk that´s part of a global team. You will be providing customer support and training for IHS Markit products, via phone, email, or chat inquiries. You will demonstrate the value of these products in collaboration with our data and information and will act as a customer advocate and work with product management and sales to develop processes or product enhancements to address customer needs.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree. Preferably in Geoscience, Petroleum Engineering or equivalent technology or earth science degree or related experience.
- 1 - 2+ years relevant experience managing client relationships.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills in English are a must. Additional languages are an advantage.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems, networking, and internet functionality.
- Experience using or managing databases (SQL Server, Oracle, or another relational database), Cloud, API, Map Services, BI tools is a plus.
- articulate, patient, professional, and have strong interpersonal skills
- creative in finding solutions to client´s problems
- a good and attentive listener
- flexible in working across multiple energy-related disciplines
- You will be part of a dynamic team that is constantly growing and developing
- You will work in a highly collaborative and passionate team environment
- You will develop deep technical and/or strategic skills in an organization that is very supportive of personal development
- You will contribute to global and local initiatives
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- The ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Participation in conferences and training
- English classes
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (table tennis, table football, Xbox, billiards)
- Attractive benefits package (private health care, life insurance, MultiSport card)
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
We are over 14,000 analysts, data scientists and specialists armed with real-time technology and data, working together to uncover deeper sources of information. The unique insights we provide help the industries and markets that drive our economies operate more efficiently, outpace competition and secure long-term success. Our global insights impact nearly every major sector - from aerospace to automotive. We empower our customers by isolating cause and effect, risk and opportunity in new ways so they can make well-informed decisions with greater confidence. This is a force we call The New Intelligence.
Boundaries belong on maps, not in your work. Start every day at IHS Markit with the excitement of what's next, by working with people from across the globe on interesting, cutting-edge projects and gaining once-in-a-lifetime learning experiences. It is easy to be passionate and invested in your work here, knowing you are causing an effect for some of the world's most influential companies. You'll get to be hands-on with, and see the direct impact, of your work. Career satisfaction just comes with the territory here.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.