Are you a motivated engineer who enjoys creating new solutions as well as maintaining scalable infrastructure
You will contribute and make an impact towards our Valuations, Market & Trade Data Applications.
The role of the DevOps Engineer is primarily focused on building functional systems that improve our customer experience. Responsibilities include:
- Create infrastructure and environments to support our platforms and applications using On-Prem Infrastructure as various AWS Cloud services
- Implement DevOps technologies and processes, e.g: containerisation, CI/CD, infrastructure as code, metrics, monitoring etc
- Automate wherever sensible
- Upgrade and patch our systems whilst maintaining service for end users
- Take on challenges like migrating code repositories from different platforms to Git using Gitlab
- Support, monitor, maintain and improve our infrastructure and the live running of our applications
Valuations Services DevOps is a global team that provides specialized technical builds across the suite of Valuations products. DevOps members work closely with the Development, Testing, Client Services teams to build and develop applications using the latest technologies to ensure the highest availability and resilience of all services. Our work helps ensure that Valuations continues to provide high quality service and maintain client satisfaction.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration in IaaS / PaaS / SaaS models
- Deployment, maintenance and support of enterprise applications into AWS including (but not limited to) Route53, ELB, VPC, EC2, S3, ECS, SQS
- Good understanding of CloudFormation (or similar 'Infrastructure as Code' technologies)
- Solid understanding of cloud security models and best practices
- Good understanding of modern CI/CD methods and approaches
- Experience with automation/configuration management using toolsets such as Chef, Puppet or equivalent
- Experience of enterprise systems deployed as micro-services through code pipelines utilizing
- containerisation (Docker)
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service Experience with systems and IT operations operating within an ISO27001 environment
- Can work with and manage key suppliers in the production environments (security suppliers, suppliers providing infrastructure monitoring and others)
- Expertise in system monitoring and alerting strategies and can draw on their experience to drive improvements in system monitoring with automation, third party tools and frameworks and validating external suppliers
It's a bonus if you also have:
- Strong experience with SQL and NoSQL databases such MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB/2, MongoDB, DynamoDB
- Can manage regular system patching, including critical security upgrades and will seek strategies to automate these process
- Confident individual - able to represent the team at various levels
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task balancing technical, business and other drivers
- Methodical, organized problem solving skills - analytical nature
- Takes ownership of issues and drives through the resolution.
- Flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations in a fast moving environment
What we offer:
• Attractive benefits package (Medical services, Special discounts for gyms, Meal vouchers)
• Ongoing Education (Participation in conferences and training)
• Access to the most interesting information technologies
• Flexible Working Hours
• Work from home
• Three days for charity/volunteering
• Chillout & fun room (pool table, PlayStation)
• Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
• New and modern office, easy to access (M Aurel Vlaicu), spacious desks, latest technologies/equipment
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.