The automotive industry is one of the world's largest drivers of economic growth and a catalyst for exciting new technologies. IHS Markit is a global information company that is a trusted source of critical information and insight for the automotive industry. We are seeking a seasoned professional with extensive experience in product strategy to lead the strategic vision for new products as part of our Recall Solutions product suite. The Recall Solutions business is responsible for partnering with OEMs to perform automotive related recalls in the most effective and efficient way possible. IHS Markit works with the OEMs to ensure the safety and well being of 70M+ vehicle owners each year.
This position will be responsible for identifying new opportunities and developing a long-term strategic plan for future product lines. This role will report to the VP of Product Strategy and will work in collaboration with Executive Director of Product Management to build the vision and long-term strategy for our recall products.
We are looking for an energetic, collaborative and forward-thinking leader that can work at all levels of a customer organization to identify key business problems and develop innovative solutions that exceed customer expectations. A strong customer presence, ability to drive transformation and develop product strategic road maps is a must. Ideal candidate will be able to develop a strategic roadmap, translate ideas into actionable plans and lead a diverse team in implementing the vision into industry leading solutions.
- Defining the product strategy and roadmap vision
- Analyzing customers, competitors, and current openings in the market
- Obtaining voice of market and voice of customer for future product concepts
- Developing new products
- Prioritizing opportunities to produce maximum customer and business value
- Creating long-term goals to ensure long-term product line growth
- Must have at least a bachelor's degree (master's preferred) in a business related or
- Over 15 years of experience in developing product strategy of either physical or data related
- Results-driven individual with proven experience in matrix leadership skills
- Demonstrated exceptional written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to
develop and conduct presentations for clients, prospects and executive management
- Demonstrated exceptional conceptual and analytical skills with ability to identify, analyze,
evaluate alternatives and formulate responses to resolve business and customer problems
- Ability to make effective decisions even under pressure while considering immediate and long
term consequences of the decision
- Must possess excellent communication skills in both verbal and written form
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines, self-motivated and
inspires others to be the same, work comfortably in a fast-paced environment and within group
settings, have an ability to think creatively and strategically and have an ability to stay calm
under stress and uncertainty
- Strong team player with an ability to develop effective working relationships across the
organization as well as externally. Must have the ability to inspire and move a cross-functional
team in a unified direction and with a unified vision
Experience in strategy and analysis related to automotive warranty and service repairs a plus
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.