IHS Markit's Solution division is currently looking for a Pre-sales engineer to join the team and play a key role in the future growth of IHS Markit's Solutions group. The successful applicant will be involved in all pre-sales engineering activities related to portfolio & order management, compliance and cashflow analytics with a focus on the thinkfolio software as well as other applications within the Solutions division. The Pre-sales engineer will be instrumental in demonstrating all aspects of thinkFolio products as well as running and working on proof of concept projects.
Education & Experience
- 5-8 years working in buy side financial markets technology or Buyside business
- Broad knowledge of buy side firms, with a focus on front office duties) and their processes (portfolio management, trading, compliance, cash management).
- Strong asset class knowledge in at least one of the following (Fixed Income, FX, Derivatives, Equities) and basic knowledge of all.
- Strong skills with Excel, SQL (desirable)
- Additional financial qualifications preferred e.g. (Series 7, CFA Level 1 +)
Duties & Accountabilities
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual to join the team and undertake a number of responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Work on and run demonstrations of IHS Markit thinkFolio; Analyse data and offer suggestions around best practices to continue IHS Markit's success in winning clients;
- Work on Proof of Concept's individually and with other Pre-sales engineers to ensure successful and timely delivery of prospective client's requirements.
- Work closely with prospects to understand their business requirements across a spectrum of financial products (Equities, Fixed Income, Indices, Reference Data, OTC, etc.)
- Maintain up-to-date awareness and understanding of the product and new system functionalities in developing thinkFolio offerings.
- Communication with prospects and internal stakeholder's through-out the pre-sales lifecycle, escalating issues where appropriate.
- Provide coaching and training to new clients to enable transfer of knowledge so that clients are prepared for the start of a project and are competent in utilising the product as planned;
- Understand the commercial implications and provide customer feedback to product managers for continuous improvement; Work alongside team members across a range of roles (Project Management, Business Analysis, Development, End Business Users, etc.), balancing differing objectives and providing influence where needed;
- Lead business handover meetings to ensure Professional Services and thinkFolio Support group have a thorough understanding of the prospect to enable quality on-going support to new clients.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.