The Principal Researcher will be responsible for assisting in the estimation of GHG emissions over the entire value chain of crude oil and natural gas as part of GHG Transition Strategy Group. This includes providing guidance in the development, implementation, and maintenance of key tools as well as assisting consulting in the completion of bespoke projects. The Principal Researcher will be expected to provide direction and produce deliverables for their discipline(s) and respond to client inquiries.
- Provide leadership, develop and identify quantification tools and best practices and provide
hands-on estimation and analysis of GHG emissions associated with oil and gas activity.
- The research is a unique opportunity to inform GHG estimation and assessment conversation and
extend stakeholders' understanding of GHG emissions of various fuels. Research topics will
encompass broad aspects of crude oil and natural gas (and other fossil fuels) production,
distribution and conversion.
- Work with a team to articulate key issues critical to GHG estimation and full life-cycle
assessment of fossil fuels, contributing to written reports, detailed estimates and direction
- Develop relationships with internal stakeholders to communicate findings, collaborate on key
initiatives, and facilitate the development of project/initiative deliverables.
- Develop collaborative relationships with external stakeholders including; academia, industry
colleagues, government/institution representatives, and possible partners.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, environmental science, or industry-related fields
required; graduate degree is a plus.
- At least five years of GHG quantification experience acquired by working in industry,
government, or consulting. Any equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Deep technical GHG life-cycle estimation knowledge is required, including personal experience
modelling GHG emissions. Preference may be given to candidates who have the following
designations and/or certifications: Greenhouse Gas Inventory Quantifier (GHG-IQ), Greenhouse Gas
Verifier (GHG-V), P. Eng. or CPA.
- Strong analytical thinker and a high level of comfort with interpreting technical data and
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- The ability to navigate and excel in a complex, heavily matrixed organization.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels of business to enable effective and productive
communications with key people including senior level clients.
- Must be highly organized with the ability to meet deadlines while working simultaneously on
multiple projects or initiatives.
- Must have the ability to work independently with limited oversight.
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance
plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3
volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on
our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php.
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated base salary range for this role
would be between $86,000 and $110,000. Compensation will be determined by the education,
experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.