AutomotiveMastermind provides U.S. automotive dealers with AI/behavior prediction analytics software and marketing solutions that improve the vehicle purchase process and results. Our proprietary software-as-a-service helps automotive dealerships and sales teams better understand and predict exactly which customers are ready to buy, the reasons why, and the key offers and incentives most likely to close the sale. Its micro-marketing engine then delivers the right message at the right time to those customers, ensuring higher conversion rates and a stronger ROI.
You will be a key member of the IHS Markit Automotive Mastermind team. Your responsibilities include:
- Help define and drive the recruiting and hiring efforts for the first team based in a new location; as well as establishing the model for future teams as growth continues
- Directly manage and mentor a team of software professionals, growing members through technical and career advancement to consistently up-level the team
- Drive your team through successful and efficient execution of projects, while continuously staying focused on improving efficiency, quality and maintaining our unique people driven culture
- Coordinate with US based company peers spanning Product Management, CTO, Technical Anchors, Data Science, UX, and Executive leaders to ensure the right things are being done at the right time
- Contribute your experience and thought leadership related to running a Gdansk based extension of a larger engineering team to help determine the right mix of work and projects for your team to own
In this role, you will build and manage a team of talented engineers contributing to key parts of the aM mission. You will be an instrumental member of our unique, people first culture, where your blend of collaboration, technical prowess, cross functional interactions, team mentorship, and overall problem solving will be relied upon to lead your team towards continual improvement in software engineering excellence. You bring a combination of expertise in hiring in the local Gdansk software engineering market, an understanding of building cloud based software products, experience working with US based companies as a geographically extended portion of the team, and are skilled at driving high efficiency engineering teams using Agile methodology.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- 10+ years' overall experience professionally developing software products
- Have directly supervised and mentored software development staff
- Demonstrated success leading projects in dynamic, fast moving environments
- Solid experience in delivering software in an Agile framework
- Skills in growing Engineering staff from recruitment through onboarding through ensuring that the individuals on your team are expanding their own skills
- Fluency in English and Polish, spoken and written
- Cloud/SaaS/Web Services development, using SOA/microservices architectures
- Experienced with hands on full stack development in progressive stacks, such as .NET, MEAN, Java/Spring, Go, Python
- Familiarity with building on and deploying containerized services to 3rd party platforms such MS Azure, Google Cloud and AWS
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge applying a test driven CI/CD framework and culture at a team level
- A background with Big Data driven analysis and productization - nice to have
- The ability to break down and drive solutions to technical problems as they arise
What we offer:
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- The ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Participation in conferences and training
- English classes
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (table tennis, table football, Xbox, billiards)
- Attractive benefits package (private health care, life insurance, MultiSport card)
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.