The successful candidate will work in the environmental team at IHS Markit reporting directly to Registry's Product Head. The position is to support the effort to: carry out our existing strategy for the growth of environmental assets and products; define new product growth strategies; and support the implementation of some of these products.
The position will include interaction and collaboration with external clients and internal stakeholders (including technology, legal, account management, and operations teams) to develop and implement new products and asset classes.
Primary functions include:
- Understanding and communicating the business drivers behind usage of IHS Markit's environmental products
- Supporting new product direction and positioning, defining features, and setting enhancement schedules
- Drafting and / or coordinating the creation of external and internal communications including working with the marketing team on product fact sheets/brochures
- Assisting in drafting responses for RFPs and client proposals
- Meeting with clients to provide both product expertise and to drive the sales process
- Assisting with setting the overall strategy of IHS Markit's environmental products and services
Education and experience
- College Degree; experience in product management; experience with environmental markets (carbon, water, biodiversity, renewable energy).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Very strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project management experience
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and consistently meet tight deadlines
- Commercial awareness
- Previous experience in supporting commercial discussions and negotiations on new products
- Energetic and self-motivated
- Ability to create a vision and execute on it
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Very strong interpersonal and communications skills required
- Ability to work well both across and within teams
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.