ThinkFolio is a leading provider of portfolio modelling and management tools, compliance and trading functions for asset managers on the buy side. thinkFolio is used globally with the majority of clients currently in the EMEA with ambitions to expand rapidly into North America and APAC.
IHS Markit is making considerable investments in the thinkFolio product and is increasing the size of the thinkFolio team. With an expected expansion of the client base globally, additional resources are required, as part of the global thinkFolio team.
ThinkFolio has an open position for a Product Manager within the Product team. The Product team is responsible for the support, maintenance, feature enhancements and roadmap strategy execution for the overall existing application as well it's modernization. There are four 'Streams' within this team, each focusing on a specific capability of the application;
- Portfolio Management: Portfolio Modelling, trade generation and repeatable investment decision making.
- Order Management and Trading: Trading lifecycle and order workflow processing.
- Compliance: Regulatory, mandate and custom compliance capability building.
- Data Strategy & IBOR: Internal data strategy and data integration.
We are looking for a Product Manager to work within the Portfolio Management stream primarily, but over the long term, the individual should be flexible and happy to work in a cross-stream capacity and expand industry and product knowledge.
The candidate should have a background in financial services, preferably with both a buyside investment management organization and software vendor(s) servicing this sector of the market.
Duties & Accountabilities:
- Requirement gathering, specification & user acceptance criteria writing. Change requests are received from both internal and external sources, impact analysis and design must be factored into the process.
- Product analysis of existing features within the PMS Stream
- Working closely with Development and QA teams to design feature enhancements. Responsible for estimation collation, priority ranking and planning
- Ensure product documentation is updated and maintained. New features must be documented as part of the development process.
- Interaction with users and internal counterparts to demo and explain new features
- Provide Tier 3 support to customers. Expedite issues and resolve bugs
- Testing of changes and bug fixes.
- Minimum 5 years' experience working in within financial services, preferably a buy side investment organization or software vendor servicing this sector.
- Experience of portfolio management and trade lifecycle
- Knowledge of Investment Accounting and/or an IBOR/ABOR system to cover some/all:
- Entitlement processing for equity and bond
- P&L accounting including use of Lots for US buyside customers
- Investment Management reference data
- Pricing and valuations
- Performance attribution
- Knowledge of thinkFolio is desirable, but not required.
- Experience of all elements of financial data used in Investment management
- Knowledge of JIRA and the Software Delivery Life Cycle
- Knowledge of SQL
- Understanding of Technical integration methods such as APIs
- Detailed knowledge of data across all asset classes and data types
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.