Who we are:
Our Company was founded on the idea that there are patterns in people's behavior that, with the right logic, can be used to predict future outcomes. We are a small but rapidly growing organization that works in partnership with our customers to create solutions that are simply not found anywhere else. We work in groups rather than in structured corporate hierarchies; our culture is creative and entrepreneurial where everyone contributes to company goals in very real way. We are a hardworking group, but we have a lot of fun with what we do and are looking for new people with a similar mindset to join the organization.
What we do:
Our proprietary software-as-a-service helps automotive dealerships and sales teams better understand and predict exactly which customers are ready to buy, the reasons why, and the key offers and incentives most likely to close the sale. Its micro-marketing engine then delivers the right message at the right time to those customers, ensuring higher conversion rates and a stronger ROI.
What you will do:
- Understanding custom solutions and limitations within Salesforce (Apex/ Visualforce/
Lightning Framework front end web technologies, API, and Workflow) and integrations with back
office systems (often utilizing middleware tools) and complex data migrations
- Manage project deployments including release and environment management
- Configuration knowledge of maintenance of declarative Salesforce capabilities on various
standard objects: objects: Leads, Accounts, Contacts, Opportunities, Case, Campaigns, Product,
and Reports & Dashboards.
- Create Custom Objects, Custom fields, Standard fields, Formula fields, and Page layouts,
Custom Tabs, Standard Tabs, Reports, Dashboard, Workflow, Process Builder and Email
- Design page layouts, contacts, leads account, business knowledge and customization experience
with object page layouts and profile-based layout assignment.
- Experience creating Work and Approval Flows and data models.
- Experience creating Junction Objects to maintain one-to-many relationships
- Knowledge on Sales Cloud and Service Cloud concepts such as Knowledge, Case Management, and
- Strong understanding in implementing OWD, Profile, Role Hierarchy, Sharing rules, permission
sets, Field level Security, and Record-level Security.
- Supporting internal user administration (permissions, access and general usability
- Verifying and regression testing of new and existing functionality before the release to
- Participating in daily scrum meetings to report progress and obstacles.
- Working with senior members of the team to identify system needs, gather requirements, assist
with prioritization and delivery (training and documentation).
- Drafting of runbook and cookbook documentation to assist operations teams with maintaining
and triaging newly-developed applications or integrations.
- Work with IT project managers, business analysts, and senior software developers to evaluate
project requirements, create technical designs and implement changes within the Salesforce
- Manage applicable phases of systems implementations (e.g. configuration, customization,
integration, data migration).
- Participates in software specification, gap analysis, and requirements analysis.
- Ability to follow and work within project work plans and timelines to meet changing needs and
- Develops and refines of proofs-of-concept to confirm requirements.
- Testing, including defining/supporting user acceptance testing (UAT) and gathering feedback
from pre-release testers.
- Ability to log, track, and manage issues, bugs, and enhancement/ features requests logged in
- Participate in software release and post-release activities, including end-user training and
support (e.g. developing demos).
- On-going systems administration, maintenance, and support functions.
Who you are:
- Minimum of 2 year's experience with object-oriented programming and scripting languages
- Minimum of 2 years Salesforce administration and light developer experience.
- Ability to translate Apex. Experience developing custom Apex Classes and Apex Triggers.
- Ability to use Salesforce Query and Search Language (SoQL and SoSL). Must be able to speak to
limitations of languages and differences between SoQL and SQL.
- Understanding of Salesforce Governor limits, limit monitoring, and best-practices for
- Understanding Visualforce pages layouts, Visualforce components and Customer Controllers.
- Understanding of UX and UI design principles. An eye for intuitive user interfaces.
- Experience with database models and querying languages (e.g., SQL, HQL).
- Experience with web development languages (e.g., CSS, HTML, jQuery, JSP).
- Experience with integration and ETL technologies (e.g, Mulesoft, Informatica, Salesforce
- Experience with relational databases a strong plus: SQL queries, views, and stored
- Practical knowledge of marketing automation technologies (e.g., ExactTarget, Marketo,
- Practical knowledge of telephony and CTI systems (e.g., Genesys, Cisco, Avaya)
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage multiple initiatives.
- Previous experience working in an agile/kanban environment a plus.
- Experience with entire software development lifecycle (Agile, SDLC, Iterative).
- Proven experience with integrated systems required.
- General Programming Skills.
- Software Performance Tuning.
- Software Design, Debugging, Development, Documentation, and Testing.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility and attitude to achieve tight deadlines.
- Solid, detail-oriented documentation skills.
- Strong balance of business and technical skills and ability to "translate" technical concepts
clearly to non-technical decision-makers.
- Salesforce Certification required
- Certified Platform Developer 1 a plus
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems and/or equivalent formal training or
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Generally, work is performed Monday through Friday, though holidays and weekends may be required.
We believe in equal employment opportunities:
The company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The company expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the company's employees to perform their job duties may result in disciplinary actions up to and including discharge.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.