You will work as part of an agile development team with members from Romania, India, and the UK to design, estimate, develop and implement software solutions that satisfy the business requirements.
You will work closely with the team on a comprehensive Java-based product consisting of web front ends, back end APIs, and standalone microservices, in a hybrid cloud environment (AWS and private cloud). General and in-depth experience with Java concepts are a must, in addition to strong knowledge of relational databases, APIs, and front-end technologies.
- Provision and maintain cloud infrastructure on AWS using infrastructure as code (Terraform)
- Monitor the cloud infrastructure on AWS to proactively identify and address issues
- Create pipelines and automation to build, test and deploy the application components
- Write readable, extensible, testable code while being mindful of performance requirements
- Create, maintain, and run unit tests for both new and existing code to deliver defect-free and well-tested code to QA
- Conduct design and code reviews and collaborate to ensure your own code passes review
- Adhere to best practice development standards
IHS Markit Dividend Forecasting provides the world's most comprehensive dividend forecasting service with independent estimates of dividend payments powered by analyst expertise and advanced analytics incorporating probabilistic machine learning, statistical modelling, pattern analysis and interconnected datasets.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Java Developer with AWS experience to join our team in Bucharest, Romania.
- Minimum 3 years of full-stack development experience with Java technologies
- Minimum 3 years of experience running production workloads on AWS
- Strong Core Java 8+/ Java EE hands-on skills
- Experience with containerisation and container orchestration technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Strong knowledge of OOP principles, including design patterns
- Good understanding of a relational database engine such as SQL Server
- Experience with writing SQL queries on databases like SQL Server
- Strong fundamentals in algorithms and data structures
- Experience with modern software development life-cycle
- Speak and write fluently in English
It's a bonus if you also have:
- Experience using front-end web technologies and building web applications using Angular
- Experience with GIT and GIT flows
- Financial services background
- Able to collaborate with other developers as well as work independently as required
- Passionate about staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages
- Analytical thinker with good problem solving skills
What we offer :
• Attractive benefits package (Medical services, Special discounts for gyms, Meal vouchers)
• Ongoing Education (Participation in conferences and training)
• Access to the most interesting information technologies
• Flexible Working Hours
• Work from home
• Three days for charity/volunteering
• Chillout & fun room (pool table, PlayStation)
• Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
• New and modern office, easy to access (M Aurel Vlaicu), spacious desks, latest technologies/equipment
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.