CARFAX is the most trusted source of vehicle history information about US cars. For more than 30 years, CARFAX has been helping millions of used car shoppers make better purchase decisions and avoid expensive hidden problems. In addition, CARFAX has helped used car dealers around the world to build trust with their customers and sell their cars with confidence. CARFAX Europe is active in many European countries including Poland where they have been helping to protect consumers since early 2019.
You will be a key member of the Carfax Europe Web team. Key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to a cross-functional team building new capabilities for consumer web-based platforms
- Contribute to a front-end design system that includes corporate branding, a pattern library, icon systems, examples, documentation, testing, and compatibility requirements to be used by multiple web development teams
- Use your expertise to create high-performance websites as well as next generation front-end applications
- You will help balance project timelines and team commitments in an exciting, fast-paced environment
- Collaborate closely with other developers, front-end designers, stakeholders, and internal customers
- Constantly learn from and educate others to improve yourself and the product
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years of prior UI/UX web front-end development experience
- Experience in modern web frameworks like React.js
- Experience with unit testing, front-end testing, and mobile application testing
- Working with Content Management Systems, preferably a headless CMS like Contentful
- Strong unit testing and troubleshooting skills
- Good knowledge of English
Bonus points for experience with:
- Experience server-side rendering frameworks like next.js
- Previous experience working on corporate level design systems, pattern libraries, branding systems, etc.
- Testing frameworks like Jasmine, Protractor
- SEO, Lighthouse, and CDN's
- An eye for design and typography
- Experience building single page web applications
- Experience building applications on Amazon Web Services
- Experience with a CI/CD Platform such as GitLab-CI
What we offer
- Attractive benefits package (private health care, life insurance, MultiSport card)
- Participation in English classes
- Chillout & fun room (table tennis, table football, Xbox, billiards)
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
- Remote recruitment and onboarding process
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.