We are seeking an outstanding Software Developer to develop commercial software solutions within the Identity and Access Management (IAM) domain. Incumbents in this role have practical experience in multiple development technologies in the Microsoft development stack.
This Software Developer will be expected to learn and apply a broad spectrum of programming languages, design principles, tools and technologies in developing solutions. This individual will be working directly with emerging Cloud technologies on a highly visible business-critical platform; providing substantial opportunity for technical skills development and career growth.
General Job Duties
- Collaborate as part of a project team to design, code, test, and implement moderately complex software solutions.
- Foster inter-team cooperation and trust as part of a project/program.
- Follow industry good coding practices to ensure high quality deliverables with minimal defects.
- Follow established testing procedures to ensure application is thoroughly tested throughout the development phase.
- Report to management on project status, identify issues that may impede attainment of goals, and accept direction on corrective measures.
- Accept technical direction from Senior Software Development Personnel.
- Continuously expand knowledge in areas of specialization.
- Perform other duties as required.
Specific Job Duties
- Operate as a Software Developer in a .NET development team for a software platform that provides Identity and Access Management (IAM) services across other business platforms.
- Assist in the review of customer requirements and providing robust technical designs and software implementations
- Support leadership in implementing best practices for software development around coding standards, patterns, and software development lifecycle and change management.
- Support the Agile Scrum development methodology.
- Collaborate with Development Leads, peer Developers, Product Managers, Business Analysts, and IT Leadership.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in software development.
- Working knowledge of technologies primarily in the Microsoft development stack, such as C# ASP .Net MVC, WCF, and SQL Server.
- Understanding of web development concepts, such as RESTful services and Cross-browser compatibility.
- Awareness of design principles such as Object Oriented Design, SOLID Principles, and various Design Patterns.
- Demonstrated ability to engage self-guided analysis and problem solving.
- Awareness of Agile development methodologies.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Passion and curiosity for solving technical problems
- Working knowledge of Java is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Coldfusion is a plus.
- Professional certification is a plus.
- AWS knowledge is a major plus.
- Reports to Development Lead.
- Acts as a major contributor on programs of all sizes.
- Interacts with other colleagues at all levels in the conduct of day-to-day activities.
- Actively participates in industry forums and user groups.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.