Markit Pricing Data provides robust coverage across bonds, CDS, Structured products and loans pricing, as well as equity volatility data and securities lending data for stocks and bonds. Besides these we also provide derived data like Liquidity, Sensitivity for these asset classes utilizing our state of the art products.
This position is required to own, develop, and support the new and current pricing applications. The role involves hands on development and support of the systems, working with distributed team. Good understanding of finance domain, especially in Fixed Income will be a plus.
Duties & accountabilities:
- Design, develop and maintain various pricing systems.
- Support the Production, QA and Development environments.
- Responsible for timely and Quality delivery.
- Develop tools to support and optimize day to day tasks faced by our analysts.
- Work with QA to ensure the right test coverage is achieved for a release, from unit to acceptance test level.
- Drive innovation and adaption of best practices.
Business competencies, Education and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science.
- 5+ years of development experience building java and Python based systems preferably in a financial environment.
- Should have excellent knowledge of Core Java as well as working exposure to Java Concurrency API. Should have good experience working on systems developed using Java, Spring, Hibernate and Apache.
- Should have good designing skills in Java and Python.
- Having exposure to web applications and AWS like ECS, S3, DynamoDB, Kinesis etc is a plus.
- .Good knowledge of SQL and No-SQL databases.
- Experience with any java middleware and Linux is a plus
- Ability to deliver products in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Should be willing to take ownership of an assignment and be able to handle end to end delivery for the same.
- Well versed with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools and techniques
- Experience with highly numeric applications advantageous
- The right candidate would also demonstrate solid OO programming and have strong opinions on best programming practices
- The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable track record actively contributing to the implementation of innovative, best-practice-based, technical solutions in a complex and challenging environment
- Should have good communication skills.
What You'll Love About Us - Do ask us about these!
- Total Rewards. Monetary, beneficial and developmental rewards!
- Work Life Balance. You can't do a good job if your job is all you do!
- Prepare for the Future. Academy - we are all learners; we are all teachers!
- Employee Assistance Program. Confidential and Professional Counselling and Consulting.
- Diversity & Inclusion. HeForShe!
- Internal Mobility. Grow with us!
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.