Job Title: Software Engineer, Development
IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. The company delivers next-generation information, analytics and solutions to customers in business, finance and government, improving their operational efficiency and providing deep insights that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. Our 13,000 employees, worldwide, work with more than 50,000 key business and government customers, including 85 percent of the Fortune Global 500 and the worlds' leading financial institutions. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including automotive, energy, finance, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
IHS Markit Automotive team provides actionable insight that answer key strategic or operational questions and enable our customers to make better decisions that drive better results. With unprecedented technological and fuel-consumption changes in the auto industry, automakers and suppliers rely on our 800+ worldwide experts in 14 countries, for predictive insight across the entire automotive value chain.
Design, code, test, integrate and maintain scalable and reliable software applications using Angular, .NET Core and Web Services. Candidate must have high aptitude for problem solving and eagerness to learn a wide spectrum of technologies and platforms
- Work as part of an agile development team to design, estimate, develop and implement software solutions that satisfy the business requirements
- Responsible for developing dynamic, modern Web applications using Angular
- Establish testing procedures to ensure application is thoroughly tested throughout development and before release
- Collaborate with other developers, as necessary, to resolve different tasks
- Work independently
- Monitor and report to management on project status; identify issues that may impede attainment of goals, recommend and implement corrective measures
- Continuously learn and expand knowledge in area of specialization
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
- Expertise with C#, .NET Core, design patterns
- Experience with Python is a plus
- Experience working with large grids and charts
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with RESTful Web Services
- Hands on experience with Amazon AWS is a plus
- Experience with Agile development approach and methodologies
- Capable of performing tasks in a dynamic/changing environment
- Reports directly to development management.
- Interacts with other colleagues at all levels in the conduct of day-to-day activities
- Participates in meetings with internal stakeholders to assess business need
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.