IHS Markit is the leading source of information and insight in critical areas that shape today's business landscape. Customers around the world rely on us to address strategic and operational challenges. IHS Markit combines information, analytics and expertise to provide solutions for business, finance and government. We help our customers see why things happen and focus on what really matters so they can make confident decisions to improve efficiency, outpace competitors and drive growth.
This is primarily a software development role in the Data Lake consumption team, which is responsible for developing solutions for data scientists and engineers to access data from the lake. The main interface for accessing data is a Python SDK but other interfaces will have to be built, including a Spark SDK, a SQL interface as well as Excel bindings. All the access interfaces are powered by an API component which is responsible for retrieving and processing data on the fly.
Some of the work might involve other components which are part of the wider system, including other data lake microservices as well as an event bus and an API gateway.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain APIs and SDKs, primarily in Python and Java.
- Work closely with data scientists and data engineers within IHS Markit and add functionality to the SDKs based on their requirements.
- Work alongside the business analysts and product owners to deliver new functionality, focusing on quality of solutions
- Work alongside QA analysts to ensure business features are thoroughly tested
- Enhance the current solution by finding problems and suggesting enhancements
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- Good solid knowledge of either Python or Java. Assuming a candidate is not strong with both, a willingness to learn either Python or Java is essential.
- For candidates with prior Python knowledge, experience with Flask and SQLAlchemy.
- For candidates with prior Java knowledge, experience with a Java web framework, e.g. Play or spring boot.
- Throughout understanding of REST and good API design.
- SQL and relational databases
- AWS (specifically S3 and IAM)
- Elastic Search
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Big data formats like Parquet and Arrow
W hat we offer :
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- Ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Competitive salary
- Participation in conferences and training
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (table tennis, table football, Xbox, billiards)
- Attractive benefits package (private health care, life insurance, MultiSport
- English classes
- Fruit days, coffee, tea, chocolate
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.