We are looking for an experienced Software Developer. As a SQL/Object Oriented Developer, you will get to work with multiple large datasets relating to CRM and Finance. This is a dream job for anyone who wants exposure to a large amount of data, work with cloud technologies and for anyone looking to get involved with financial data. As a member of a small scrum team you will distill complex business requirements into simple workable stories. You will have a wide range of tools at your disposal from SSIS packages that move data across multiple environments to Angular for creating dashboards to Java/Python or SSAS for creating analytics. You will also get a chance to evaluate and improve existing workflows using technologies like TeamCity, Powershell, AWS, Apache Storm, Splunk, SOLR, TSQLT, Selenium, Cucumber, JMeter, Kafka and API. You will be working closely with end users and internal groups to gather requirements will also be a key component of this role, working with external clients will be minimal.
In addition to your development work noted above, you will also gain exposure to object oriented development. You'll apply existing and emerging technologies to build mission critical solutions. You'll have the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment where priorities can change on a daily basis. You'll have the opportunity to mentor others.
What you'll work on:
- Developing and maintaining Stored Procedures for the Ipreo platform
- Developing and maintaining SSIS packages for internal and external feeds
- Developing and delivering custom reports for customers
- Analyzing, designing, and developing code for front and middle tiers
- Revising programs and creating corresponding documentation
- Optimizing existing data workflow as needed
- Supporting various data feeds in off-hours as needed
What we look for:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017/2012/2008
- Strong analytical thinkers
- Logical solutions, an "outside the box" approach to data manipulation
- Candidate must exhibit excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to discuss business requirements and articulate complex technical concepts in simple
terms is an absolute necessity. In addition, candidates must be able to provide documentation of
their development work that can be used by other members of the team
- Someone who is able to drive a process with little to no supervision
- Someone who is excited to learn about financial data
- Someone who is clear on fundamental cloud concepts
- Proven leadership skills
- SQL Server Management Studio
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Stored Procedures
- 1+ years of experience studying, analyzing, and optimizing Execution Plans
- 1+ years of experience with SSIS
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in the Comp science or related
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.