What can you expect?
- This role is a 12 month fixed term maternity cover within Accounting Operations, part of MMC’s controllership function, servicing 15 countries across EMEA.
- Leading the payable Accounting team of 6 accountants and administrators, one of 5 teams within Accounting Operations, this is a great opportunity to work in a senior role, within a large corporate organization, with the luxury of working locally.
- You will work on the technical accounting aspects of Accounts Payable rather than processing as this is completed by our offshore team.
What is in it for you?
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including a generous pension scheme, life assurance and 26 days’ holiday with the option to buy or sell 5 additional, days plus free parking!
We will count on you to:
- Manage a team of 6 accountants and administrators, conducting performance appraisals, monitor staff functions, monitor workload and projects of team members
- Have oversight of the daily manual payments process – on time delivery and accuracy in payment detail and process validation are critical to this role.
- Monitor and oversight of the US GAAP lease accounting process. Ensuring consistent delivery of the quality of reconciliations and the quick resolution of variances on reporting.
- Review and monitor of the GRNI (PO) accrual output – actively challenging the results of the accrual and building relationships with stakeholders throughout the region to drive accuracy.
- Overall ownership of the AP close process and the resulting accruals for the region and driving clearance of all AP bank outstanding items.
- Control review of all balance sheet reconciliations within functional team remit, maintaining proper account reconciliation in accordance with GAAP and (if applicable) statutory and regulatory reporting requirements
- Communicate regularly with our offshore counterpart
- Assist auditors and SOX testers.
What you need to have:
- Qualified ACCA or CIMA or QBE
- Supervisory experience within an accounting function, either Accounts Payable or General Ledger
- Relevant exposure to management reporting function gained by working in a finance environment with exposure to balance sheet and cashbook accounting
- Excellent IT Skills (including Excel and Word)
What makes you stand out:
- Experience of UK and US GAAP
- Experience of working for a large corporate
- Experience /understanding of Oracle Financials – GL & AR
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/.
Marsh & McLennan Companies & its affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital and civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs