Guy Carpenter is seeking a recently qualified accountant for a Business Intelligence Analyst role, based in our London office.
What can you expect?
- The position sits within Business Intelligence, providing a range of financial analysis and insights to the business
- The analysis and insights are used for prospecting, tendering, retaining, and winning business
- You will utilise your accounting qualification and background to support our brokerage team in this space
- The position can over time lead to progression into a Strategic Advisory or a Broker role
What’ will you be rewarded with?
- This is a great opportunity to grow with a steep learning curve within a BI Analyst role in reinsurance
- There is a career path around this position with the genuine opportunity to learn, develop, and scope your career within Guy Carpenter
We will rely on you to:
- Produce analysis of clients’ quarterly financial information and other newsflow
- Prepare financial information for RFPs and RFIs
- Prepare peer analyses and associated commentary
- Produce information for internal and external stewardship meetings
- Respond to one off requests from brokers, clients and markets
- Create ad hoc presentations and participate in client meetings
- Assist with research for bespoke Guy Carpenter publications and presentations.
What you need to have:
- Degree qualified
- A professional accounting qualification, with financial services exposure post qualification
- Experience in re/insurance accounting and financial reporting
- Strong understanding of the sector’s drivers and issues
What makes you stand out:
- An understanding of the reinsurance market combined with strong financial acumen
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Some knowledge of Power BI and other visualisation tools
Guy Carpenter Overview:
Guy Carpenter Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC is a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist with more than 3,100 professionals in over 60 offices around the world. Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, trusted strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help clients adapt to emerging opportunities and achieve profitable growth. Guy Carpenter is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annualized revenue approaching $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses, including Marsh, Mercer and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment.