We currently have an exciting opportunity for a passionate insurance professional to join the UK Placement function. The positon requires previous experience in insurance product and facility development, project management or data analysis. The role would suite a result driven individual that is keen to drive innovation and manage complex problems in a market leading organisation.
The Placement function coordinates placement, product and portfolio strategy across Marsh UK. This is achieved by working closely with insurers and internal stakeholders across multiple client Segments and Practices. Data, MI and Analytics are essential enablers to drive and implement a successful placement strategy. The Placement Project Manager plays a pivotal role by driving and coordinating initiatives to deliver new products and facilities for Marsh clients, grow revenue, improve placement standards and expand data capture. The role will also take responsibility for ongoing processes which are overseen by Placement. This includes for example, working with business Practices to execute a rigorous market selection process for products and facilities and coordinate the governance approval process. The role reports to the Placement COO and works closely with Placement leaders in each Segment /Practice, with front end and back office colleagues in the business Practiced and with Placement Data and Analytics colleagues.
- Deliver strategic placement initiatives and projects. Maintain plans and managing resources, risks and issues.
- Work with Practices to support the development of selected new products and facilities. The role will drive of be involved in in multiple phases: data analysis, definition of product features, market selection, system implementation and data capture processes, launch and change management.
- Liaise with insurers and Marsh business leaders to deliver placement innovation projects, new products and facilities.
- Use data analysis expertise to analyse placement data (yield and profitability, facility MI, portfolio MI) to develop business insights, robust placement solutions and strategic plans.
- Take responsibility for ongoing processes which are overseen by Placement. This includes enhanced placement data capture, reference data and governance approval process for facilities and products , compliance with agreed compensation protocols.
- Work with colleagues from all Business Units and with the Data and MI team to identify and implement solutions to improve the quality of data available for strategic decision making and broking.
Key Skills & Experience Required:
- Knowledge of the London insurance market
- Confident interacting with internal and external stakeholders of different seniority levels
- Project management experience. Planning, organisation and delivery
- Good familiarity with data analysis. Experienced user of Excel, with an ability to analyse data in depth forming opinions and making strategic recommendations
- Solid PowerPoint experience and ability to produce papers for Executive team and Board level stakeholders
- Passion for results and experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Prior experience in product and facility development is an advantage
- Process analysis and optimisation
- Experience working in matrix organisation
- Project management or insurance certification
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration.
Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 35,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.
Marsh offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.