This role sits within the Revenue and Foreign exchange team who are responsible for all activities in relation to accounting for revenue which covers approximately 15 different revenue systems and USD 2 billion annual revenue in 2017. Specific responsibilities include revenue accruals; revenue deferrals; revenue system feeds; balance sheet reconciliations, journal creation and approval, hedging and Intercompany loan accounting; and reporting.
As a Revenue & FX Hub Accountant you will be a pro-active, results led individual who is able to balance multiple deliverables whilst satisfying a strict control environment by retaining the highest standards of governance. Ideally you will have experience in working within a busy shared services function of a similar organisation.
- Production & control review of all balance sheet reconciliations within functional team remit
- Exception reporting and perform checks prior to issuing
- Ensure timely investigation and resolution of any exception items
- Ensure all month-end and quarter-end deliverables are met
- Communicate regularly with offshore counterpart
- To play a lead role in the continuous improvement of business processes
- Record and monitor new tasks through change control process
- Mailbox management
- Attend meetings with managers, colleagues and clients as required.
- Assist with other ad-hoc tasks, projects and initiatives as required.
- Assist auditors and SOX testers.
- Assist with current and future accounting operation transitions
- Delivery of training to Offshore teams
- Journal creation, review and approvals
- Preparation and review of quarterly reporting schedules
- Revenue system interface checking
- Intercompany loan entries and reconciliations
- Hedging entries and reconciliations
- Foreign Exchange analysis
- Foreign Currency exposure reporting
- Foreign Currency trading in line with exposures
- Bad Debt calculations and reconciliations
- Cancellation reserves and reconciliations
- Revenue accrual & deferral analysis
- Fiduciary reconciliations to sub ledger
- Part/Qualified ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent)
- Advanced skills in Excel – V lookups, pivots
- Flexible and team player – develops close partnerships with onshore and offshore colleagues
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and deliver results to short timescales.
- Previous proven ability to identify areas to improve efficiency, accuracy and analysis and suggest and implement process improvements.
- Prior experience of Oracle and HFM (preferred but not essential)
- Insurance industry experience would be advantageous but not essential.
- Lean/Six Sigma knowledge.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world’s leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, management consultancy. With over 50,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue of approximately $10 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 100 countries. Its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago and London stock exchanges.