We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Actuarial Analyst to join our Marsh Risk Analytics team, based in London. Marsh Risk Analytics (MRA) consists of a team of experienced Actuaries, Analysts, subject specialists and sales professionals who provide actuarial consulting services to support clients’ decision making on insurance and financial risk issues. Marsh Risk Analytics (MRA) is part of Marsh's Client Advisory Services (CAS) which sits alongside the core insurance broking business and provides Strategic and Operational Risk advice to the world's largest companies. We are a professional services firm consisting of consultants, actuaries, accountants, and ex-lawyers.
What can you expect?
- An environment where you can make the difference every day
- A high-speed, experienced, curious and collaborative team
- An opportunity to develop and grow your career in global organisation
What you will be rewarded with?
- A competitive salary and flexible benefits package
- A wealth of career opportunities in a growing company
We will rely on you to:
- Support the creation and delivery of reserve reviews and Solvency II Actuarial Function reports to captive insurance companies and insurance companies. In addition, you will support the delivery of high quality analytical output for corporations with complex insurance and risk financing needs.
- Work with the MRA team to ensure our clients receive a solution which is tailored to their needs - ideally you would have proven experience in successfully managing multiple projects and producing quality deliverables on time and within budget
- Work closely with a lead Actuary on reserving and Solvency II projects, and will be involved in every stage of the project from building statistical models to drafting reports and presenting the final output to clients.
- Work with Marsh’s specialist insurance brokers by providing analytics to support the placement of insurance risk in the London Market.
What you need to have:
- Part-Qualified Actuary with Reserving and/or Solvency II experience gained from the London insurance market. We are happy to consider candidates from consultancy, broking or an insurer.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Ability to apply technical and commercial judgement
- Knowledge of the General Insurance industry with experience of Solvency II and Reserving
What makes you stand out:
- Strong personal drive to challenge and influence processes and ensure we deliver great outcomes for clients
- Knowledge of pricing is useful but not essential
Marsh is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annualized revenue approaching $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses, including Mercer, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment.
Marsh & McLennan Companies & its affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital and civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs.