This is an opportunity to join an agile, leading edge global team during an exciting time within DevOps for Marsh and McLennan Companies (MMC). You will be involved in implementing innovative technologies to support CI/CD pipeline automation and container orchestration technologies.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has the desire to work with teams that are passionate about innovation and creating amazing client experiences.
The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about technology, and able to execute the vision of infrastructure as code. You will build and deploy cloud services in fully virtualized IaaS and PaaS operating environments. You will influence and create new designs, architectures, standards and methods for large-scale distributed systems.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Deploy and support Kubernetes and related technology stacks.
- Engineer and implement new technology solutions, on premise and in public cloud.
- Obtain and maintain an in-depth understanding of AWS , and Azure public cloud technology to ensure all appropriate options are considered to support business initiatives
- Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for Senior MMC Leadership, Project Managers, Software and Engineering teams, to navigate the constantly changing technology landscape and identify appropriate tactical and strategic solutions to deliver self-service, automated cloud and container based applications environments.
- Write code working hand in hand with Software Engineering teams on understanding ways to improve IaaS and PaaS services
- Be an advocate for our customers in representing their issues to Leadership and develop innovative ways to resolve issues
Your qualifications and experience gained will ideally include as many of the below as possible:
- Subject matter expert for Kubernetes, Docker Containers, and continuous integration technologies.
- AWS/ Azure public cloud experience in development and architecture.
- Experience with SOAP and REST APIs to support integration of infrastructure, cloud and platform as a service technologies
- Experience with containers and container orchestration, Kubernetes and Docker, including lifecycle management of containers whilst ensuring security is paramount
- Knowledge of web, security, and networking protocols, private cloud or on premise solution architecture experience.
- Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications
- A commitment to best practices and striving for the elimination of manual operational processes to promote a DevOps oriented software delivery model
- Experience in team leadership/management would be advantageous but not essential
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.Visitwww.mmc.comfor more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/.We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.