- A fantastic opportunity to continue your career with Mercer Private Markets’ global investment team
The Senior Infrastructure Specialist will be part of Mercer Private Markets’ global investment team, working across the European offices in London and Zurich. The successful candidate will take a leading role in the sourcing, selection and monitoring of private market investments for discretionary and advisory client programmes.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Perform investment, legal and operational due diligence on primary, secondary and co-investments in infrastructure (in a project-lead role)
- Prepare screening memos and detailed investment recommendations
- Provide input into investment decision-making and portfolio construction processes on behalf of client programmes
- Monitor portfolio investments through regular calls and meetings with fund managers and respond to investor consents
- Develop and maintain relationships with fund managers and intermediaries to ensure a systematic coverage of relevant investment opportunities, with a focus on Europe
- Develop and maintain client relationships, and respond to client requests
- Contribute to intellectual capital development and participate in industry events
- Mentor and support more junior team members
- Assist in new business development opportunities, working with colleagues across Mercer Private Markets and the broader business
- Educated to degree level (minimum 2:1) or equivalent
- 6 - 10 years of professional work experience in asset management, consulting/fiduciary management, corporate finance or a related field
- Prior experience in infrastructure, or at least private markets in some capacity
- Strong analytical, numerical and critical thinking skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated team player; ability to lead across different projects and work collaboratively
- Strong sense of ownership, paying attention to detail and ensuring high-quality client deliverables within set timelines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; ability to present confidently to colleagues and clients
- Professional qualifications (Actuarial, CFA, CAIA or equivalent) are highly desirable although not essential
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Mercer recognizes the need to balance work and personal commitment. At Mercer we believe all roles can flex. Please speak to us about all available working options