The Systems & Process Training Specialist will support Marsh UK and Ireland with bespoke technical training for client facing and operational teams. The main focus of the role is to plan, conduct and evaluate training that ensures colleagues are prepared, and have the skills and training to perform in their role.
Alongside day-to-day technical training requirements for our core insurance broking and placement platforms, the training specialist will also support the long term development of new and existing platforms, systems and associated processes.
- Responsible for the full training lifecycle, from design and delivery through to evaluation.
- Design training programmes, and develop an appropriate mix of formal and informal development activities, ensuring the learning environment and resources support learner needs.
- Design and create course materials and supporting documents such as hand-outs, guides, manuals and exercises.
- Deliver training programmes in a range of formats and settings; from formal settings (e.g. classroom), informal (e.g. floor-walking) or online (e.g. e-learning and webinar).
- Provide post training support and coaching to learners.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training programmes and learning outcomes – using this information to understand individual learning styles and adapting as required.
- Keep records of learner development and resource allocation.
Education Skills & Experience Required
- Professional training qualification and/or significant demonstrable experience a must.
- Excellent communication skills, able to explain complex subjects in a clear and concise way.
- Drive improvement by demonstrating personal commitment to achieving high standards.
- Monitors own performance in an objective manner and makes adjustments where necessary.
- Approaches challenges in a logical, disciplined and well-organised way.
- Proactive in seeking to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Monitors progress against objectives to ensure that things are on track.
- Expert user of key office and training packages includes, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Adobe Captivate (or similar) a must.
As a global leader in insurance broking and risk management, Marsh helps our clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative, industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. We have 27,000 employees worldwide, operations in more than 130 countries, and annual revenue of approximately $5.4 billion, along with comprehensive global expertise that spans 26 industry practices and more than 30 risk and specialty practices.
Marsh offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.