Welcome to Willis Re!
Willis Re, part of the Investment, Risk & Reinsurance segment of Willis Towers Watson, is one of the world’s leading reinsurance advisory and broking businesses. Connecting risk and capital, we help the global insurance industry, governments and society at large manage and mitigate extreme risk – from natural catastrophes such as flood, earthquakes, hurricanes and pandemics, to technological or political risks such as cyber and terrorism. We bring together advanced analytics, risk transfer and transactional expertise to provide advisory and consultation to client on how their risk portfolios impact performance and execute on those capabilities to deliver improved financial results.
For more information, visit Willis Re Careers.
As part of a fast-evolving, global industry, Willis Re provides a multitude of exciting career opportunities for talented and driven individuals. Sponsored by the Willis Re Executive team, our two-year foundational learning program - the REinsurance ACHievment Program (REACH) – will provide everything you need to know about the reinsurance industry and for career success. This program is unique in the reinsurance industry and is set up to compete with the best training programs available across financial services.
- Both in-person and virtual learning modules led by expert facilitators and subject matter experts
- A multitude of technical insurance and reinsurance models as well as a wider curriculum of professional, financial and client-facing skills training
- Sponsorship by the Willis Re executive team, and support from a wide network of mentors and peer buddies to support your networking and career development
- Opportunities to travel to meet and learn with your class group in major metro locations like our office in the City of London
- Full sponsorship and support to achieve professional qualifications like the CII and CFA level 1
About This Role
As a Graduate Reinsurance Broker Support, you will be immersed in all aspects of client work to support our business development and internal service delivery for a varied and international client base from early in your career, including:
- Compile templates to send to global offices to provide information and check the information is accurate
- Review market security information on carriers, checking compliance and financial positions
- Create / Update marketing sheets for Broking Team
- Produce data, statistics, and information packs in support of the placement of a client’s reinsurance programme
- Liaise with Compliance / Sanctions Team on sanctions checks where touch points exist
- Effectively communicate with various stakeholders, both internal and external
- Work closely with Sales Team to ensure effective delivery of client service
- Support creation of all placement materials, ensure all information is accurate
- Ensure contract records are accurately maintained within transactional broking system
- Generate and issue evidence of cover, debit notes and closing instructions
- Review and interrogate reinsurance contracts to facilitate billing within agreed timescales
- Regular contact with colleagues on technical support/contracts
- Manage and resolve queries from clients and reinsurers
- Ensure compliance with Willis policies and CEM throughout the placement process
- Produce contractual documentation to a high level and within timescales
- Maintain files in an orderly manner electronically, ensuring these are within CEM guidelines
Are you the right fit for Willis Re?
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, which is why we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment enriched by our people, our clients and the communities in which we work. We create a culture of engagement and respect by demonstrating inclusive behaviours throughout our inclusion networks. We encourage and welcome applications from any degree discipline/ major and all universities/colleges.
If you have an appetite to learn and succeed, an ability to build technical knowledge, with a passion for building and maintaining relationships… start your career at Willis Re!
- Minimum 2:1 degree and 128 UCAS points (2017 UK tariff)
- Enthusiasm and interest to learn about Insurance, Risk and Reinsurance
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships at all levels of the business
- Good Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Desire and drive to take on early responsibility
- Initiative and an eagerness to drive projects to a successful conclusion
- Willing and able to act as a team player
Stage 1: Online Application, including CV and Covering Letter
Stage 2: Online Testing
Stage 3: Video Interview
Stage 4: Virtual Interview
Stage 5: Offer and On-boarding
Start date for the UK Graduate Programme will be open for 2021