Established in 2008 to support Willis Towers Watson’s actuarial consulting
operations, the Lisbon Service Centre (LSC) will employ more than 100 skilled
graduates in Portugal in 2019. As of 2018 the LSC supports WTW’s actuarial and data-risk
consulting operations in the UK, Ireland, France, Belgium, Switzerland, Portugal and Spain.
This role provides the opportunity to develop specialist data skills plus actuarial valuation and technical pension’s knowledge of the UK and other European countries.
The LSC differentiates from other hubs by partnering with consulting teams across
Europe to deliver client value through technical expertise, innovation and streamlined
As an added-value hub, the LSC employs skilled graduates in actuarial science, engineering, mathematics, economics and management. The centre owes its success not only to its high technical standards but also to its focus on excellence and continuous improvement. The LSC’s focus on quality, combined with the dynamic business environment it supports, means that training and professional development is key for the team and is supported at all stages of team members’ careers.
In the Lisbon Service Centre you’ll find a professional yet friendly and easy-going environment in an office based in a fast growing European capital and in a country that has recently been voted the friendliest in the world for people living and working abroad by Forbes magazine.
Help to provide an efficient and professional service to meet client needs and to promote the Willis Towers Watson brand
- Work as part of a team to deliver actuarial and other services related to pensions schemes.
- Use our software to set up schemes that are processed at the LSC, with an analysis against what was done at the previous valuation
- Perform actuarial calculations
- Support our data validation solution offering, including the use of state of the art image processing technology
- Through training and continuous development, become proficient in the use of valuation tools and processes
- Communicate with internal clients via telephone and email. Monitor own workflow to ensure service levels are achieved
- Develop technical knowledge of UK and other European benefit schemes
- Help to provide an efficient, professional service to meet client needs and to promote the Willis Towers Watson brand.
We are looking for a highly-driven individual with good numerical and interpersonal skills, who is looking to become part of a large and dynamic work environment.
The essential experience for this role is:
- University degree, background in mathematics or engineering (preferred)
- Master in Actuarial Science (preferred)
- Previous work experience (is a plus)
- Good analytical and communication skills with good written and spoken English.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel and the ability learn how to use our in-house software packages.
- Well organised and detail oriented with ability to manage own workload
- Aptitude to learn how to use complex software packages to model pension schemes and imaging.
- Team player with collaborative behaviour.
- Ability to ask the right questions and seek help where appropriate.
- Aptitude to develop specialist technical and project management skills
- An understanding of benefit calculations
- A firm commitment to delivering high quality service.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a large team and capacity to work in a fast-paced environment
- Well organised and detail oriented with ability to prioritise conflicting work schedules or escalate to senior management as required
- Inquisitive, self-starter attitude and ability to work with ambiguity and proactivity in
searching for new solutions in the face of challenging problems
Equal Opportunity Employer