Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity
Welcome to Willis Re!
Willis Re, part of the Investment, Risk & Reinsurance segment of Willis Towers Watson, is one of the world’s leading reinsurance advisory and broking businesses. Connecting risk and capital, we help the global insurance industry, governments and society at large manage and mitigate extreme risk – from natural catastrophes such as flood, earthquakes, hurricanes and pandemics, to technological or political risks such as cyber and terrorism. We bring together advanced analytics, risk transfer and transactional expertise to provide advisory and consultation to client on how their risk portfolios impact performance and execute on those capabilities to deliver improved financial results.
For more information on Willis Re and the reinsurance industry, visit Willis Re Careers.
About this Role
As an Actuarial Analyst, you will be immersed in all aspects of front line actuarial work for our insurance clients from early in your career, including:
- Analysis for client meetings and pitches
- Assisting in building reinsurance pricing models and actuarial benchmarks pricing
- Developing expertise in Willis Towers Watson proprietary financial modeling and reinsurance optimization software
- Data collection and manipulation in spreadsheets and other database applications
- Interaction with broking counterparts in a team-based environment
You will also have the opportunity for:
- Domestic or global travel, as required
- Increasing opportunities for client interaction and responsibility as your experience and capabilities evolve
- Participation in the REACH learning program & support for industry qualifications
- Willis Re also supports CFA Level I once industry qualifications are achieved
As part of a fast-evolving and global industry, Willis Re provides a multitude of exciting career opportunities for talented and driven individuals.
Sponsored by the Willis Re Executive team, our two-year foundational learning program - the REinsurnace ACHievment Program (REACH) – will provide everything you need to know about the reinsurance industry and for career success. This program is unique in the reinsurance industry and is set up to compete with the best training programs available across in financial services.
- Both in-person and virtual learning modules led by expert facilitators and subject matter experts
- A multitude of technical insurance and reinsurance models as well as a wider curriculum of professional, financial and client-facing skills training
- Sponsorship by the Willis Re executive team, and support from a wide network of mentors and peer buddies to support your networking and career development
- Opportunities to travel to meet and learn with your class
- Full sponsorship and support to achieve professional qualifications such as ARe and actuarial exams as applicable
This foundational programme is part of Willis Re’s world class Learning Academy, which supports career development for all our colleagues, from graduates through to senior leaders.
Are you the right fit for Willis Re?
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, which is why we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment enriched by our people, our clients and the communities in which we work. We create a culture of engagement and respect by demonstrating inclusive behaviors throughout our inclusion networks. We encourage and welcome applications from any degree discipline/ major and all universities/colleges.
If you have an appetite to learn and succeed, an ability to build technical knowledge, with a passion for building and maintaining relationships… start your career at Willis Re!
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with a 3.0 or higher graduating GPA
- Ability to understand and apply basic mathematical and quantitate concepts
- Actuarial exam(s) are a plus
- A strong aptitude for analysis, database management and programming skills, especially SQL and R are preferred.
- Enthusiasm and interest to learn about Insurance, Risk and Reinsurance
- Good Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Desire and drive to take on early responsibility
- Initiative and an eagerness to drive projects to a successful conclusion
- Willing and able to act as a team player
All candidates must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now and in the future.