Summary of Role
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level or above, will have at least one year’s experience working in an insurance or financial services environment and will be studying towards or have completed the ACII qualification. STEM degree subjects are preferred. Confidence in using Excel, Word, PowerPoint and the ability to write and communicate clearly are essential. We are a small team which develops non-standard solutions, so the successful candidate will need to be inquisitive, adaptable and be able to work under own initiative. Familiarity with the WTW systems such as Eclipse and WEM protocols would be an advantage as would coding and/or geospatial mapping skills. Additional language skills are not required but would be advantage.
The main responsibility of the successful candidate will be to support the Alternative Risk Transfer Solutions (ART) team in client management, business development, solution structuring, broking and deal closure. Specific responsibilities include:
Support the successful renewal of existing programmes. These are predominantly parametric programmes. This will include client meetings, data collection, data analysis, creation of an underwriting submission, liaison with markets, negotiation of terms and deal closure including contract creation and editing.
Support the team in responding to inquiries from clients, prospects and colleagues.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the full range of ART solutions and how these can best add value to a range of clients.
- Utilise data analysis techniques to understand, model and price weather-index and other parametric solutions.
- Support the design and development of new tailored solutions to respond to client needs.
- Assist in the development new business opportunities, campaigns and preparation of Request for Proposal responses.
- Support negotiations with (re)insurers for new enquiries and assume responsibility for compliant execution of policies and appropriate ‘after-care’ with clients.
- Develop a network of contacts within WTW globally including client relationship directors and industry leaders.
- Develop a working relationship with the ART global team which comprises colleagues in GB, Europe, North America and Asia and with our “Champions” network.
- Develop a network of contacts in the ART markets and keep up to date with the latest solution offerings.
- Manage the sales pipeline, key priorities and financial recording on behalf of the team including tracking actions and chasing up and highlighting issues in a timely manner.
- Take responsibility for entering policy information on Eclipse.
- Support the team’s presence on intranet, blogs and other social media.
- Keep case study and sales material up to date.
- Bachelor’s degree (Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (US); 2.1 or higher (UK); or international equivalent)
- All majors/degrees and universities considered; however, STEM subjects are desired but not essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to tailor communication outputs to a wide range of audiences
- Knowledge of and interest in the finance and insurance industry, first-hand experience not require
- High level of competence in using standard software packages in particular Excel
- Second language skills desired but not essential for the role