Our business is undertaking an exciting growth initiative and we are building a team to develop a scalable and efficient technology platform to commercialise some of our latest inventions. The platform will make use of our ongoing collaboration with Microsoft on Quantum technologies. The platform will be largely based on Azure but will need to tightly integrate with the Windows client.
We are looking for a Cloud Operations Engineer, you will be part of a team that keeps the business running for cloud products and services that are used 24×7 by Willis Towers Watson’s clients around the world. You will be tasked to support, operate and maintain Azure cloud infrastructure that powers all of cloud offerings. Our team in Manila will be around 20 colleagues and we plan to grow further in coming years so you will be part of the initial start-up with other engineers/support professionals.
The line management will be Manila based but there will be a matrix line management to our core development team based in the UK.
The following are key responsibilities we are looking for BUT we are keen to recruit talented individuals who have a learning agility and looking to develop their career further in Cloud Operations.
- Perform all key Service Management processes including change, incident, problem, monitoring, maintenance and specially handing service requests for 3 core applications.
- Specifically handle 24/7 L1, L2 and L3 oversight for Cloud Incident responses and excellent understanding of the end-to-end support process from client to different support escalation levels
- Manage, configure, respond and resolve Azure security alerts
- Perform platform, application(s) and ExpressRoute monitoring
- Perform patching of OS, monitoring/restoring backups and regular testing for DR/application recovery
- Provide support for production and non-production environments to ensure system update and expected service levels
- Develop and document processes based on operation incidents, technologies and tools used in those processes to resolve
- Building out Azure infrastructure for internal environments as part of operational acceptance
- Consider building in automation scripts, processes and tools where possible
- Implement Operational tools and requirements, e.g. monitoring solutions, high availability services
- Experience in deploying and managing cloud operations for a company using Azure, AWS, Google Cloud or other major cloud services.
- Experience as a DevOps team member developing and maintaining SaaS applications
- Experience in analyzing and mitigating security related issues and threats
- Design, generate and interpret operational reports related to system health status, capacity management and system performance management
- Experience in using infrastructure monitoring and privileged access management
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Knowledge of agile development/SDLC processes and hands on participation in sprint planning meetings, daily stand-ups and sprint retrospectives with UK and Manila teams.
- Experience in working in multiple time-zones/countries and rotating shift systems to align with business demands.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills in order to identify and respond to unexpected or disruptive events
- Communicate and share knowledge with wider team so there is continuous learning and knowledge transfer across the team
- Work and communicate effectively with colleagues, end-user clients and various levels/roles of management
- Seek and acquire relevant and emerging knowledge and skills in developing and maintaining cloud-based products and services under company training programs
Qualifications that would be advantageous for the position:
- Degree holder preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Familiarity with ITILv3 or ITIL v4
- Microsoft Azure Certification (AZ-900, AZ-103/104 certified or equivalent)
- Working knowledge on Microsoft Office products and financial reporting (cost management and optimization)
Equal Opportunity Employer