Willis Towers Watson is seeking an experienced DevOps Platform Engineer to join our DevOps team. We are looking for the very best talent, and if you are passionate about what you do and welcome new challenges, we want to meet you.
The DevOps team spans multiple programs/products and it highly visible in the organization. We
can work across those teams, Information Security, Cloud Enablement, and Information Technology
to make the right decision. This highly collaborative environment allows you to build a network
of intelligent people you can reach out to when necessary. We are building a new platform
to enable our teams to deploy cloud native workloads efficiently using Docker and Kubernetes. You
will be largely responsible for the direction the platform goes and tooling to support multiple
This role will work closely with both Software Development and IT Operations groups to ensure that the platform is up to organizational standards.
We are open to candidates based in any U.S. location.
Employment-based non-immigration visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
• Configure and maintain Kubernetes clusters with deep, demonstrable knowledge
• Design and implement CI/CD pipelines for deploying to Kubernetes based environments
• Analyze the technology options/feasibility and define the build, delivery, and deployment pipeline for applications
• Design and implement tools, plan for future updates, help maintain and update infrastructure
• Configure Kubernetes logging, monitoring, alerting systems
• Implement security controls to ensure code complies with security and compliance frameworks
• Work closely with engineers, QA, project managers throughout the software lifecycle
• Other suggestions you may have to improve the platform, tooling, or processes
• 2+ years of experience maintaining large Kubernetes clusters
• 1+ year of experience in architecture, configuration, delivery and operational services in at least one Kubernetes-based environment (e.g. AKS, EKS, GKE, PKS, Openshift, Rancher)
• Experience with code scanners and infrastructure monitoring (e.g. Azure Monitor, Splunk or ELK)
• Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code (e.g. CloudFormation or Terraform)
• Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field strongly desired; High School diploma required
• Expertise in container-based environments (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and the ability to work well with remote team members
• Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) / Developer (CKD) / Security (CKS)
• Familiarity with SOC2
Compensation and benefits information for this position is being included in accordance with
requirements of the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Please note that the salary range
listed relate specifically to roles located in Colorado and that salary ranges for similar
positions located in other Willis Towers Watson locations may vary. In addition, salaries may
vary for different individuals in the same role based on several factors, including but not
limited to individual competencies, education/professional certifications, experience and
performance in the role.
The hourly rate or salary compensation range being offered for this role is $110,000-150,000.
This role is also eligible for an annual short-term incentive bonus.
Willis Towers Watson provides a competitive benefit package which includes the following (eligibility requirements apply):
Health and Welfare Benefits: Medical (including prescription coverage), Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Commuter Account, Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, Group Accident, Group Critical Illness, Life Insurance, AD&D, Group Legal, Identify Theft Protection, Wellbeing Program and Work/Life Resources (including Employee Assistance Program)
Leave Benefits: Paid holidays, annual Paid Time Off (includes paid state /local paid leave where required), Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Other leaves (e.g., Bereavement, FMLA, ADA, Jury Duty, Military Leave, and Parental and Adoption leave)
Retirement Benefits: Contributory pension plan and Savings Plan (401k). Certain senior level roles may also be eligible for non-qualified Deferred Compensation and Deferred Savings Plans.