When it comes to talent and compensation management, no other firm combines the human capital expertise, world class technology and global strength than Willis Towers Watson. Our Data and Technology consulting services range from strategy development to highly advanced workforce planning and optimization solutions.
Employment-based non-immigration visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
We are looking for an Application Support Engineer to provide critical support to the development teams focused on building the foundation of our work and rewards products. You will work with our support and development teams to troubleshoot and solve issues that are technical enough to require development support, but critical enough to require immediate support. You will leverage lessons learned while working with support and development to build tools that enable support teams to resolve issues independently and build tools that prevent similar problems from re-occurring. You will be part of a team that keeps the business running for cloud products and services that are used 24×7 by Willis Towers Watson’s clients around the world. You will be tasked with operating and maintaining applications that powers our cloud offerings.
The following are key responsibilities we are looking for; we are keen to recruit talented individuals who have a learning agility and looking to develop their career further:
- Act as the escalation point for any incidents that may need L3 intervention to our engineers or 3rd party suppliers.
- Determine root cause analysis, resolve and communicate solutions to customers.
- Develop competency of the ServiceNow product and build knowledge so functionality can be used to manage incidents and report performance.
- Manage, coach and mentor team members on all aspects of the service. Build supporting training material/knowledge transfer to ensure the right level of competency is achieved to support the applications/client’s expectations and their personal growth.
- Provide regular reporting of performance, KPI’s and specific SLA’s or trends to stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Drive regular Incident Management reviews/audits/surveys and develop strategies for improvement based on lessons learned/survey feedback.
- Network with other support teams to share best practice and develop the team’s impact.
- Previous hands on experience in leading a Support, Software, Applications or Helpdesk Team.
- Excellent communication/organization skills, command of business English and other European languages would be desirable.
- Experience of dealing with several different client problems each day, researching to find the answers, communicating directly with the client both verbally and in writing.
- Experience of reporting technical, functional and operational problems and resolutions to the development team.
- Experience in working in multiple time-zones/countries and rotating shift systems to align with business demands.
- Knowledge of agile development and participation in sprint planning meetings or daily stand ups.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills in order to identify and respond to unexpected or disruptive events.
- Must have hands on working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications with Excel.
- Adept in data processing automation into SQL Server.
- Expert in SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Trained in Dundas BI.
- Familiar with data import processes across for go forward products like Willis Towers Watson Compensation Software and Embark.
- Bachelor's degree preferred; high school diploma required
- Qualification in Service Management or ITIL Service Management products like ServiceNow desired
- Familiarity with ITILv3 or ITIL v4 desired
Compensation and benefits information for this position is being included in accordance with
requirements of the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Please note that the salary range
listed relate specifically to roles located in Colorado and that salary ranges for similar
positions located in other Willis Towers Watson locations may vary. In addition, salaries may
vary for different individuals in the same role based on several factors, including but not
limited to individual competencies, education/professional certifications, experience and
performance in the role.
The hourly rate or salary compensation range being offered for this role is $90,000-110,000.
This role is also eligible for an annual short-term incentive bonus.
Willis Towers Watson provides a competitive benefit package which includes the following
(eligibility requirements apply):
Health and Welfare Benefits: Medical (including prescription coverage), Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Commuter Account, Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, Group Accident, Group Critical Illness, Life Insurance, AD&D, Group Legal, Identify Theft Protection, Wellbeing Program and Work/Life Resources (including Employee Assistance Program)
Leave Benefits: Paid holidays, annual Paid Time Off (includes paid state /local paid leave where required), Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Other leaves (e.g., Bereavement, FMLA, ADA, Jury Duty, Military Leave, and Parental and Adoption leave)
Retirement Benefits: Contributory pension plan and Savings Plan (401k). Certain senior level roles may also be eligible for non-qualified Deferred Compensation and Deferred Savings Plans.