Our Health and Benefits business helps large and mid-size clients control health and welfare plan costs, improve health outcomes and promote employee engagement through broad-based, state-of-the-art interventions. We provide solutions encompassing creative plan design, vendor evaluation and management, pricing and funding strategies, data analytics, valuation support, legal compliance and governance strategies. We also provide Specialty consulting services including clinical/health management program design, pharmacy solutions, disability/absence management strategies and claims audit services. Product based solutions such as our pharmacy purchasing coalition round out our broad-based suite of offerings.
As a Software Developer, you will work as part of a development team following Scrum methodologies to deliver the desired technologies on time and within budget, ensuring the end-product continues meet the expected high levels of reliability, maintainability, usability and performance.
Using your practical experience to hit the ground running, your role will cover a wide range of tasks such as:
- Designing, implementing, refactoring and testing code (C#/SQL), following best practices for maintainability, testability, performance, and code reviews,
- Implementing unit tests, developing test frameworks and associated automated test cases,
- Reviewing and debugging code to identify defects, performance bottlenecks or technical debt,
- Working closely with test engineers to guarantee suitable test coverage, identifying and executing manual tests if necessary,
- Participating in sprint planning meetings, daily stand-ups and sprint retrospectives, striving to continuously improve the team velocity, its processes and engineering practices,
- Working with the Product Owner to help create User Stories and define acceptance criteria,
- Documenting requirements analysis or design decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems or related area
- Extensive industry experience with full software development lifecycle: requirements capture and analysis, estimation, detailed software design, object-orientated software implementation, unit and system-level testing, installation and deployment,
- Design and development of our REST API (Web API) and integrating our front-end UI with the constructed API
- Strong knowledge of SSIS, Visual Studio, Delimited File conventions, other industry standard Data Formats, Data Transmission methodologies, and Microsoft Excel
- Experience of working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services/Azure DevOps (Git)
- C# Unit testing NUnit/XUnit
- Understanding of Azure application architecture, including the use of PaaS, IAAS, Azure SQL and Azure DB technologies
- Extensive industry experience with software engineering best practices, processes and supporting tools
- Ability to coordinate day-to-day development and bug fixing activities
- Ability to design high-performance, scalable and extensible software architectures and algorithms which are also easy to test, debug and maintain
- Ability to work on "virtual" teams with members from different geographic areas
- Ability to multi-task and be mindful of deadlines
- Self-motivated and ability to remain focused on assigned projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work on “virtual” teams with members from different geographic areas
- Ability to multi-task, and be mindful of deadlines.
- Self-motivated and ability to remain focused on assigned projects.
- Committed to quality and continuous improvement
- HTML 5, Bootstrap v 4.0, CSS v3, SCSS experience
- Experienced with SQL Server 2014 and later versions / Transact-SQL / RDBMS
- .Net Core
- Experience in systems development techniques and methodologies (data modeling, entity relationship diagramming and functional decomposition)
- Azure MicroServices, Service Fabric, Redis, Containers
- Experience working with US counterparts is preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer