As a Health and Benefits Analytics Consultant, you will be at the forefront of managing projects for large, complex clients and leverage your experience as a benefits expert to make recommendations on plan design and management on the full array of health and benefits programs. You will also serve as the technical/financial expert on select projects. You will play the key role of helping clients understand the core drivers of health and welfare plan cost escalation, and modeling/recommending solutions to address this. This is a highly consultative, client facing role in which you will employ cutting edge tools working alongside industry leaders to provide holistic solutions to clients. You will have the opportunity to grow your health analytics, project management, client management and business development skills, and contribute to the creation of new intellectual capital. The role is key to Willis Towers Watson’s core value proposition to provide data driven, empirically tested solutions employing leading edge tools.
You will position yourself to grow into a senior relationship management and/or leadership role by serving as the pivotal point on projects and working alongside industry experts at one of the world’s leading actuarial consultancies.
- Play a lead role in the design/management of group medical, dental, disability plans for large, complex clients.
- Serve as lead project manager and day to day contact for clients; materially contribute to project plan creation and lead the team on delivery; ensure progress against established objectives, budgets, timelines, deliverables and quality standards
- Play the key role of executing cost and utilization analyses designed to improve clients’ health and welfare plan performance such as: data validation, data extracts, pre/post program implementation ROI analyses, key cost drive evaluation, population health analyses, scorecard development, provider network analyses, summary information for client presentations and quarterly and annual reports
- Collaborate with key warehouse partners (IBM Watson Health, Cotiviti, etc. as well as carriers/vendors) to execute on projects
- Serve as lead project manager and day to day contact for select clients; materially contribute to project plan creation and lead the team on delivery; ensure progress against established objectives, budgets, timelines, deliverables and quality standards
- Support the generation of new business by participating in prospecting opportunities with new clients as part of a broader team
- Build relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams
- Review analytical work, mentor and develop Analysts and Senior Analysts
- Contribute to the development of new intellectual capital
- 7 + years’ experience and success in the design/management of large group health and benefits plans, with deep data driven expertise leading health and welfare solutions gained in a consulting, brokerage, data warehouse organizations alternatively, similar experience in a consultative role gained at a vendor, health insurance carrier, managed care organization or another leading health care provider.
- Experience or desire to work with commercial data warehouse and/or carrier tools (e.g., IBM Watson Health, Optum, Cotiviti, HDMS, etc.)
- Strong financial skills; prior experience in health and welfare product pricing, underwriting or valuation work strongly preferred
- Proven experience creating project plans and successfully leading teams in execution of the project against plan guidelines
- Demonstrated success in managing client issues and relationships
- Desire and ability to expand relationships with current clients
- Polished and well developed oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter attitude and ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Flexibility and proven ability to identify and resolve issues
- Strong analytical, creative and integrative skills
- Experience in training/mentoring junior staff
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel and PowerPoint
- Availability to travel on an as needed basis
- State Life and Health license required within 90 days of joining
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with significant quantitative course work
Note that visa employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.