Our Health and Benefits business helps clients control
health and welfare plan costs, improve health outcomes and promote employee engagement through
broad-based, state-of-the-art innovations. We provide solutions encompassing creative plan
design, vendor evaluation and management, pricing and funding strategies, data analytics,
valuation support, compliance and governance strategies. Some of our Specialty consulting
services including clinical/health management program design, pharmacy solutions,
disability/absence management strategies and claims audit services.
In this role you will serve as the primary, day to day lead for clients on issues pertaining to strategy and management of their health and welfare benefit plans. You will assemble the resources and work directly with the client on complex, technical issues, plan marketing and placement initiatives, carrier and vendor management, and overall benefits and rewards strategies. You will contribute to new business opportunities and lead new client implementations.
• Maintain and cultivate client relationships at all levels, seeking to understanding their human capital needs and articulating Willis Towers Watson’s employee value proposition, products, services and resources.
• Contribute to employee benefit strategy: Analyze employee benefit programs and make recommendations to improve effectiveness of clients’ employee benefits programs/design, policies and practices.
• Contribute to the sales process for prospective clients including value proposition creation, RFP/proposal development, participating in finalist presentation, etc.
• Proactively advise clients and provide consistent client service, resolving day to day service issues (eligibility, carrier coverage and claims issues, compliance; health care reform, HIPAA, etc.)
• Prepare for and facilitate client meetings (prepare agendas, reports and materials, coordinate resources, etc.)
• Understand, articulate and implement key Willis Towers Watson value-added resources (legal resources/file 5500’s; employee benefit brochures and communications; etc.)
• Manage the client open enrollment process including vendor management and implementation, conducting employee meetings, proofing contracts, updating internal systems, etc.
• Maintain and cultivate strong carrier relationships to enhance Willis Towers Watson’s position in the marketplace, including understanding and articulating current product offerings, trends and coverage options. .
• Associates or Bachelor’s level degree strongly preferred; Insurance degree a plus. HS Diploma required
• State Life and Health license required
• Professional Certification (GBA, PHR) preferred
• 4+ years of health and welfare account management experience including some underwriting or analytical experience
• Strong technical knowledge of health and welfare employee benefit plan design, insurance products, current trends and regulatory environment
• Experience managing large clients (multi-plan/state; complex plans; etc.)
• Strong client service orientation with ability to proactively understand client’s human capital needs and present/implement solutions.
• Proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and producing quality deliverables on time and within budget
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills
• Team player who takes initiative, is resourceful and is self-motivated to continuous learning and development
• Computer skills which include proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point, as well as navigation within the Internet
EOE, including disability/vets