Create your future. Join our Retirement consulting team in providing expertise in retirement and investment consulting to support global organizations in designing, managing, administering, and communicating various retirement plans. Whether a client has a defined benefit pension or a defined contribution plan, we work with them to determine the right approach to designing, funding, investing, governing and employee management that fits their specific goals.
Explore an opportunity. Gain direct exposure to real client assignments which will draw on your imagination and creativity as well as your ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, and share your brilliant results. In this role, you’ll experience a balance of expanding your technical knowledge and industry expertise, while benefiting from working in a close-knit and supportive team environment.
Accepted applicants will be eligible for a comprehensive exam study program, including paid study hours and exam coaching to assist in attaining the accredited designation of Actuary.
You will partner with consultants to provide actuarial support on projects through:
- Designing, funding, pricing, and the implementation and management of retirement programs
- Competitive benchmarking analysis of benefit plan designs
- Develop professional expertise, as well as technical knowledge and skills in the area of retirement plans
- Working with a wide range of associates at all levels within the local practice
- Performing asset/liability modelling
- Perform actuarial pension valuations for a variety of clients
- This entails manipulating data, analyzing data, determining plan liabilities, reconciling plan assets, and determining funding requirements
- Assist with completion of plan reporting and filing requirements
- Perform plan administrative tasks such as completing benefit calculations, reviewing plan documents and producing benefit statements
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, finance or any other major with significant quantitative course work with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Successful completion of one or more actuarial exams highly preferred
- Work experience that demonstrates strong technical and/or client service skills
- Sense of accountability; owning one’s work and taking pride in it
- Passion for solving problems and sharing solutions to exceed the standards of the client
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently, but also cooperatively in a close team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to ask the right questions and seek help where appropriate