The Data Program at Willis Towers Watson (WTW) is a group-wide initiative to support WTW in its strategic objective to become "EURoeThe Analytical Broker"EUR by delivering the data repositories, tools and processes to deliver insightful analytics to internal and external consumers based on high quality, well governed data.
An accomplished Data Analyst with business analysis skills is required to join the Willis Towers Watson Data Program. The Data Program is delivering a set of key data stores (Policy, Exposure, Coverage and Claims) along with a framework for onboarding new data sources (inputs) and handling new requirements for consumption of data (consumers).
Experience of working within large data initiatives and/or data warehousing is required for this role. The successful candidate will bring a mixture of business and systems analysis skills. They will be capable of analyzing new sources of data to determine what is available to consumers and working with business stakeholders to verify that the data has been accurately reflected from the source. They will be involved in all areas of the SLDC including quality assurance and deployment of solutions into an operational environment.
The successful applicant will work within a matrix environment, reporting to the Data Sourcing Lead on the Data Program. This is an exceptional opportunity to play a key part in the transformation of a global financial services organization.
- Lead and facilitate requirements gathering and solution workshops with stakeholders, suppliers and functional/technical subject matter experts
- Complete detailed analysis on data flows and business/accounting requirements to clearly define: data content, formatting, mapping, cleansing, enhancement, validation, exceptions handling, access, retention and storage requirements
- Produce and maintain analysis documentation including Data Mappings and Data Dictionaries
- Ensure solutions are modeled logically, consistently and intuitively ensuring that they perform optimally with agreed tolerances
- Liaise with technical specialists and other business analysts from WTW/3rd parties to define/design appropriate end-to-end solutions, ensuring these meet both defined business requirements and Group Technology principles/roadmaps
- Support the QA process on projects by contributing to QA/testing strategies/plans, reviewing testing documentation, reporting progress of testing, contributing to production of test cases and answering general queries from QA analysts
- Review any supplier functional specifications and all WTW/supplier technical specifications to ensure business requirements are accurately translated
- Active contribution to project estimating, planning, business case development, risk/issue management and progress reporting
- Support business change activities where required, including training and preparation of user documentation
- Minimum 5 years Business and Systems Analysis experience
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Self-assured, dynamic, open to ideas, and able to influence others.
- In-depth understanding of the systems development process and overall project lifecycle
- Excellent data and process analysis skills
- Conceptual, Logical and Physical Data Modelling experience.
- Experience of Data Mapping from Source systems to target model.
- Experience of writing complex SQL database queries
- Competent user of business systems and IT tools (e.g. Microsoft Office products, Visio, SPARX Enterprise Architect, SQL)
Desired Skills/Experience Specific to Role:
- Experience of general ledger and/or financial reporting implementations would be useful background
- Reference data domain project knowledge/experience and Transactional data warehousing
- Experience of the full IT project lifecycle from requirements capture through to hand-over to operational support, utilizing an Agile framework
- First rate communication skills and ability to apply these to rapid and creative problem solving in a pressurized environment
- Systems integration experience
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, manage priorities and take responsibility for delivering to time and quality requirements
- Ability to work without close supervision, define direction and comply with overall Group strategy and objectives
- Understanding of regulatory environments (FCA)
- Experience of working in a financial services organization, preferably with exposure to the insurance industry/insurance broking - where directly relevant experience is not available, we will be looking for an ability to rapidly become effective in a new, unfamiliar environment
- Experience of waterfall and agile delivery methods
- BSc/BA degree qualified
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas "EUR" the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.