Underwriter – Professional Liability – Lawyer Professional Liability Lawyer Guard (Willis Towers
Location: Tampa, FL preferred; Remote location considered for qualified candidate
Please Note: Employment-based non-immigration visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
- Acting as a Managing General Agent, LawyerGuard specializes in marketing and underwriting Lawyers Professional Liability insurance for law firms across the country on behalf of our carrier. We are looking for a successful underwriting specialist for our growing LPL Program, and the candidate will be responsible for marketing and underwriting this E&O product.
- Responsible for the profitability, growth and retention of assigned book of business that is consistent with overall business line objectives.
- Review applications and other relevant underwriting information of accounts to determine acceptability of risk in accordance with company underwriting guidelines and authority.
- Demonstrates technical underwriting skills through strategic account review and file documentation.
- Understands pricing components and rating methodology and prices risk based on underwriting analysis.
- Identify and develop key production sources to develop new business opportunities that lead to department growth.
- Adhere to department underwriting rules and guidelines.
- Utilize underwriting tools to determine accurate classifications, rates, and premium charges.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of lawyer’s professional liability underwriting experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Independent, entrepreneurial spirit capable of managing a large book of business with minimal supervision.
- Committed to client relationship management and service.
- Advanced knowledge of computer programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication capabilities oral and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
- P&C License (or willingness to obtain within 90 days of date of hire)
- Professional designation as Registered Professional Liability Underwriter (RPLU) and/or Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), a plus