The Role: Mergers & Acquisitions Legal - Associate Director
Responsibility for growing and building on Transactional Risk insurance business within the M&A team in Italy and supporting international M&A capability ensuring the delivery of revenue targets, in a compliant and ethical manner. Will identify, manage and develop client, insurer and team relationships, and convert prospects. Help maintain staff competence by ensuring that staff skills or knowledge gaps are met with appropriate training and development, so they are able to perform to their maximum capability. Collaborates with: Finex Management, M&A colleagues, local/regional/overseas producers of business, other LoBs, CRDs (including Global Solutions Group), C of E’s including HR, Finance, Legal and Compliance
- Strategy and planning: facilitate collaborative processes, ensuring well-articulated and prioritised set of medium and long-term goals in delivery of the M&A proposition and strategy.
- Execution and placement: focus on building WTW’s M&A capability ensuring execution and advice is of the highest standard. Deliver optimisation of revenue from new and existing clients through the use of the full range of appropriate placement channels and markets, delivering bespoke insurance solutions within tight timeframes.
- Inclusive and collaborative – works with M&A team members and producers of M&A business locally and across ROW, cognisant of local culture and capabilities working to identify and convert M&A business. Facilitates M&A initiatives, supporting FINEX Group initiatives and innovation.
- Organisation design and development working with other M&A teams, WTW offices and other LoBs to convert business and co-ordinate activities, including innovation and cross-selling initiatives to better service prospect and clients.
- Reporting: Lead the preparation of regular / periodic updates, reports and analysis to assist M&A, FINEX, LoB and CRB leadership.
- Client Relationship Management: Understand the clients’ business, structure and their insurance needs. Identify primary budget holders and decision makers within clients, establish and maintain active relationships with these people.
- Insurer relationships: Support and build strong relationships with M&A underwriters/insurers.
Minimum Criteria & Skills (including education & licenses):
- Educated to a degree, or MBA level (or country equivalent)
- Legally qualified with significant experience in M&A or Transactional Risk insurance
- English Level C1
- Experience in advising on mergers and acquisition
- Experience in business development, in particular in developing strong relationships and identifying and converting opportunities
- Knowledge of the insurance market
- 3-5 years’ project management experience
- Strong working level knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word is essential;
- High analytical, creative and curious nature, alongside an ability to work through problems on their own and with teams. Ability to organise, analyse and interpret structured and unstructured data and information to be used for decision-making
- Practical experience specially in broking and/ or underwriting processes and practices, or audit background
- Strong legal, broking, problem solving and analytical skills
- High levels of business and financial acumen with an understanding of company strategy
- Presentation and communication skills – ability to present clearly, translating concepts and information in a manner that is appropriate and accessible to all levels, both internally and externally
- People skills – upward and direct management, persuasion, negotiation, diplomacy, able to work within mixed and virtual teams, able to forge links and build networks with different WTW teams
We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.