Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
Welcome to Willis Re!
Willis Re, part of the Investment, Risk & Reinsurance segment of Willis Towers Watson, is one of the world’s leading reinsurance advisory and broking businesses. Connecting risk and capital, we help the global insurance industry, governments, and society at large manage and mitigate extreme risk – from natural catastrophes such as floods, earthquakes, hurricanes, and pandemics, to technological or political risks such as cyber and terrorism. We bring together advanced analytics, risk transfer, and transactional expertise to provide advisory and consultation to clients on how their risk portfolios impact performance and execute on those capabilities to deliver improved financial results.
For more information on Willis Re and the reinsurance industry, visit Willis Re Careers.
As a Reinsurance Broking Analyst, you will be immersed in front line broking work to support senior brokers in all aspects of securing new clients and servicing existing clients. The work for our insurance clients includes:
- Assisting in the marketing, negotiation, placing, and servicing of client accounts, working with people at all levels within the client’s organization
- Preparing pitch documents and presentation materials for new and existing clients
- Data analysis in partnership with our actuarial and catastrophe modeling teams
- Helping to structure, place, and service transactions
- Working with contract wordings and supporting the finalization of reinsurance transactions
You will also have the opportunity for:
- Domestic or global travel, as required
- Increasing opportunities for client interaction and responsibility as your experience and capabilities evolve
- Participation in the REACH learning program & support for industry qualifications
- Willis Re also supports CFA Level I once industry qualifications are achieved
As part of a fast-evolving and global industry, Willis Re provides a multitude of exciting career opportunities for talented and driven individuals.
Sponsored by the Willis Re Executive team, our two-year foundational learning program - the REinsurnace ACHievment Program (REACH) – will provide everything you need to know about the reinsurance industry and for career success. This program is unique in the reinsurance industry and is set up to compete with the best training programs available across in financial services.
- In-person and virtual learning modules led by expert facilitators and subject matter experts
- A multitude of technical insurance and reinsurance models as well as a wider curriculum of professional, financial and client-facing sales skills training
- Support from a wide network of mentors and peer buddies to support your networking and career development
- Opportunities to travel to meet and learn with your class
- Full sponsorship and support to achieve professional qualifications such as ARe and others as applicable
This foundational programme is part of Willis Re’s world class Learning Academy, which supports career development for all our colleagues, from graduates through to senior leaders.
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with a 3.0 or higher graduating GPA
- Ability to apply basic mathematical and quantitative concepts
- Enthusiasm and interest to learn about Insurance, Risk and Reinsurance
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships at all levels of the business
- Good Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Desire and drive to take on early responsibility
- Initiative and an eagerness to drive projects to a successful conclusion
- Willing and able to act as a team player