Overview of Role
This role would work with the Analytics function within Willis Re Malaysia – principally focused on Actuarial whilst supporting across other aspects of reinsurance analytics including Catastrophe.
Bread and butter work requirement is reinsurance optimization – naturally encompassing subsets in reinsurance pricing and structuring, which can often also be standalone requirements. As the ultimate aim is to establish optimal structures that meet clients’ objectives and risk appetite, understanding these is the important starting point.
It is therefore essential to understand broader context and strategy, which can vary
significantly by client, in bringing together theoretical modelling with practical reinsurance.
The broader team setup is on an embedded,
client centric basis, whereby the expectation is for all team members to be involved in and to contribute to the
specific client’s strategy and developments.
- Deliver and expand analytical support to existing portfolio and new business opportunities. Perform technical pricing, modelling and structuring across renewal accounts/tenders/pitches, project support, and general avenue for analytical opinion. Broader collaboration particularly with Catastrophe Analytics members to leverage knowledge sharing and greater appreciation of broader context and objectives on both sides.
- Embed Financial Modelling capabilities into client teams across existing portfolio and new business opportunities. Meaningful involvement in accounts with seamless interaction with broader broking team encompassing client strategy and direction beyond strict analytical processing. Independence and ownership with own initiative in kickstarting client strategy discussions with broader team.
- Support development and closure of product innovation, both to cement/expand existing relationships andto facilitate entry into new ones. Encourage team members to promote product innovation with clients. Support development and closure of individual deals including identification of suitable opportunities and negotiations with markets.
The above list is intended to be as accurate a reflection of the role as possible. However, it may be revised from time to time if different tasks commensurate with the role or level of responsibility are needed to be performed and/or when circumstances change.
- 5-7 years work experience, qualification a plus although not required.
- Reinsurance analytics or suitably equivalent background required.
- Direct pricing and specialty class experience a plus.
- Strong background and interest in analytics and critical thinking.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong in Microsoft Excel, intermediate in remaining Office suite.
- Programming skills a plus.
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson