You will work as part of a close-knit development team following Scrum methodology to work on existing and next generation products, features and defects, whilst ensuring the highest levels of reliability, maintainability, usability and performance. This is an evolving role that will cover a wide range of tasks.
- You enjoy designing, implementing, refactoring and testing code (C#), following SOLID practices for maintainability, testability and performance
- We are looking for someone who takes pride in the quality of code they write and enjoys collaborating as a team to improve quality.
- You should take satisfaction in refactoring code, reviewing and debugging code to identify defects, identifying performance bottlenecks, promoting code re-use and reducing technical debt in code
- Enthusiastic to learn new technologies as our product evolves
- Implementing unit tests (C#, NUnit, xUnit), developing test frameworks and associated automated test cases
- You have experience of working closely with test engineers to guarantee suitable test coverage, identifying and executing manual tests as necessary
- Participating in Sprint planning meetings, daily stand-ups and retrospectives in a small development team within a larger software group.
- Working effectively both within your team and liaising with other product teams, sometimes in a global setting to find appropriate solutions across products
- Working with team members and Product Owners to help create User Stories and define acceptance criteria
- You are diligent in communicating requirement analysis and design decisions across the team
- Experience in developing in.NET using C# (2+ years)
- Strong design and implementation skills, working with a multi-disciplinary team
- Industry experience with software engineering best practices: object-oriented design and implementation, design patterns, SOLID principles, Agile and Extreme Programming methodologies
- Unit testing frameworks such as NUnit, xUnit, NSubstitute or similar
- Azure DevOps and Git
- Ability to profile and diagnose performance and memory issues
- Understanding problems and writing efficient algorithms
- Experience of working in a collaborative Agile/Scrum environment
- Comfortable working in Azure DevOps CI/CD environments
- Passionate about new and emerging technologies and understanding their benefits and limitations
- Good numeracy skills, degree-educated in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Science or equivalent work experience
- Ability to coordinate day-to-day development and bug fixing activities
Highly Desirable Skills:
- Commercial experience of .NET (Core)
- Knowledge of security considerations in application design and threat modelling.
- UX design/implementation experience, a good eye for application design.
- Experience in working in a DevOps culture, using Azure pipelines and cloud technologies, other cloud provider experience such as AWS or GCP also desirable
- Microservices and Kubernetes
- WPF and Windows Forms experience
- UI Testing frameworks
Essential that candidates have either Australian or New Zealand citizenship or an appropriate
permanent working visa.