Job Summary: FINMAR Market Services (FMS) was established to support the rationalization of Insurers of Financial Lines business for the benefit of WTW clients. FMS provides services in terms of data analytics, Insurer advocacy, renewal listings and reporting. The FMS MI team is responsible for generating the ad hoc and standard reports for the Insurers and supports and maintains the SQL databases required for this reporting.
The candidate is required to work closely with business users and UK stakeholders for the creation of new reports, enhancements to existing reports and support & maintenance of the existing processes/systems/tools.
The FMS MI team are currently making significant changes to existing reporting processes and in house developed tools. This is to streamline the existing way of generating the reports to support more efficient and timely delivery of reports to the Insurers. The candidate needs to be proficient in MS T-SQL and its shared components SSIS & SSRS. We are also looking for use of Power BI technology so knowledge on that would be a significant advantage.
- Understand the workflow for the process and manage priorities.
- Work with the business unit to understand the business requirement thoroughly and develop technical specifications based on functional requirements.
- Develop and Implement frameworks and solutions for reporting Management Information data.
- Perform basic support and debugging in test and production environment.
- Apply analytical skills to test the outputs produced.
- Maintain and support existing tools/systems/processes.
- Identify improvements in the process and stimulate automation wherever possible.
- Ensure ongoing, sustainable & dynamic relationships with stakeholders and internal MI consumers whilst managing their expectations.
- To document & update the relevant processes for further training in the team.
- Self-assured, dynamic, open to ideas, and able to influence others.
- Willing to work in day rotational shifts.
Required Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge, Experience
BE/BTech/MCA/B. Sc./M.Sc. (Computer Science/Information Technology) from reputed College/Institute.
Desired Skills/Experience Specific to Role:
- Minimum 6-9 years of experience in an IT Development role.
- Experience of writing complex T-SQL queries and strong knowledge of database concepts & various database objects.
- Well versed with SSIS/SSRS and minimum 2-3 years of experience working on these.
- Well versed with Power BI and minimum 1-2 years of experience working on this.
- Basic exposure to MS office tools (MS Excel/MS Word)
- Working knowledge of QA & Testing procedures.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge/Exposure to VBA would be added advantage.
- Knowledge/Exposure to application development in (C#, asp.net) would be added advantage.
Behaviour Anchors /Dimensions
Processes different types of information, which require complex analysis, correctly identifying key trends; uses incisive questioning to gain a deep understanding of issues and their wider impact; quickly generates appropriate solutions informed by previous experience.
Prepares well-written material for a range purposes; highlights the key facts and critical points behind an argument.
Works well with complex numerical data and evaluates information effectively; makes full use of the latest technology and ensures others on the team do the same.
Convinces people by making a strong case, bringing other people on the team to understand and agree with the presented viewpoint; negotiates effectively to get the best outcomes for self and the team.
Articulates information clearly, explaining complex information effectively and confidently in presentations to existing and new team members.
Challenges others to consider and discuss established views or assumptions that require further thought; effectively argues own perspective.
Behaviour Anchors /Dimensions
Generates well-formed ideas that have the potential to provide effective alternative methods of working for self and the team.
Understands how models, theories, research and new concepts relate to the team’s future objectives and aims.
Develops effective new strategies for self and the team informed by longer-term organizational goals; anticipates emerging short-term trends that may impact own and team objectives.
Consistently develops expertise, using a variety of sources to acquire new knowledge and skills; ensures own specialist knowledge and that of the department is up to date, working with individuals to fulfil their development and training requirements.
Adopting Practical Approaches
Takes a practical approach to tackling issues, staying close to ground level operations in the department; tests out how new things work, quickly identifying whether something is workable or not.
Provides insights to the department, identifying key impacting issues and targeting opportunities for improvement; demonstrates a strong sense of whether a proposed solution will be effective.
Behaviour Anchors /Dimensions
Builds an understanding of stakeholders' needs, drivers and constraints.
Develops relationships with peer stakeholders within and across teams by initiating regular contact.
Achieving Beneficial Outcomes
Identifies mutual interests and interdependencies stakeholders share with the team.
Focusing on Customers
Anticipates current customer needs and identifies customer preference trends/patterns.
Develops long-term relationships with key customers by creating trust and treating them as a priority.
Creates customized customer solutions for complex service offerings.
Creating Developmental Opportunities
Shares learning and growth opportunities within team when they arise and encourages others to work outside of their comfort zone by taking on new
Coaching and Mentoring
Finds opportunities to individually coach others, providing specific insights and tips to enhance skills, knowledge or work performance.
Proactively provides ongoing constructive, behaviorally-oriented feedback to others within the team to increase future performance.
Listens to others, picking up on verbal and non-verbal cues to fully understand their viewpoint; shows a genuine interest in why people behave the way they do.
Works well with team members on multiple projects, encouraging others to get involved and contribute to decisions.
Values other people on the team and considers the impact of own behaviour on working relationships; is tolerant and trusting of others.
Ensures the completion of departmental projects; keeps projects on track by dealing with any delays quickly and efficiently.
Reviews work thoroughly with a focus on spotting critical errors that could impact department deliverables; ensures expected quality standards are met.
Ensures adherence to appropriate procedures and standards; minimizes risks associated with departmental projects.