We are looking for a Technical Leader to join our Corporate Risk and Broking team in London, UK.
This role will be responsible for all technical matters in Cargo & Specie GB and the ideal
candidate will have proven track record in Insurance Broking or Underwriting.
- Responsible for all technical matters in Cargo & Specie GB
- Heading up Technical Committee with responsibility for WTW solutions to clauses introduced by the market
- Ability to understand a client or prospect’s business, coverage requirements and key issues
- Training other members of team on the meaning of clauses, slip preparation and how to analyse a risk
- Assisting other team members with all technical issues
- Creation and maintenance of slip templates
- Involvement in renewals and new enquiries as part of the major account review team
- Membership of Cargo Operations board with responsibility for advising and implementing departmental changes within the team.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with Willis guidelines and procedures
- Ensure good relationships and communication with other Willis associates
- Understand and use relevant WTW systems
- Preferably ACII qualified or equivalent industry experience
- A proven track record in Insurance Broking or Underwriting
- An in-depth knowledge of Cargo Insurance, in order to address client and technical issues
- Good communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent technical skills
- Ability to assimilate and apply large volumes of information rapidly
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a wider team
- Able to prioritise, manage deadlines and work under pressure
- Comfortable explaining complex concepts and making recommendations to client servicing teams
- Ability to adapt personal style to work effectively with a wide range of clients, colleagues and underwriters
- Must be prepared to work with integrity and openness, complying at all times with FCA and WTW requirements.
- Good IT skills with excellent Word and Excel usage capability
Equal Opportunity Employer