Our sophisticated approach to risk helps clients free up capital. We work in close concert with investors, reinsurers, and insurers to manage the equation between risk and return. Blending advanced analytics with deep institutional knowledge, we reveal new opportunities to maximize performance.
Willis Re is one of the world’s leading Reinsurance advisors. Over our 180-year history, we have developed a deep insight into all aspects of the global insurance industry. In particular, we understand how individual insurance companies develop and drive their own unique strategies to achieve their goals. We help ensure that our clients have the right protection in place so that when the unfortunate or unexpected hits, it’s not catastrophic for their business. We think of ourselves as selling resilience for a risky world.
We have a deep understanding of risk – and all the ways it affects capital and an organisation’s financial performance. Our core focus is to provide you with a superior understanding of the risks you face, and then advise you on the best ways to manage extreme outcomes.
- Actuarial Analysis and Modelling including:
- Scoping and agreeing project objectives with client / broker
- Developing gross loss assumptions
- Incorporating and understand natural perils modelling
- Reinsurance pricing
- Capital considerations
- Maintain a detailed awareness of latest actuarial, accounting, capital and regulatory developments
- Strong internal working relationship with Brokers, Catastrophe Management Services, Global Analytics team and other
- Strong external relationship with clients, reinsurers including:
- Discussion partner with clients regarding actuarial, capital or other relevant matters
- Maintain relationship with actuaries and key individuals at reinsurers
- Understand reinsurance pricing approach
- Assist brokers for their marketing activities including contribution to tenders for new business (modelling, describing capabilities, structuring etc.)
- Maintain and develop contacts in the actuarial community
- At least a few years in actuarial, financial modelling or risk management role
- Qualified actuary, or senior actuarial student, experienced with Non-Life business
- Strong analytical and communication skill
- High levels of proficiency in both Japanese & English
- Experience with reinsurance (preferable)
- They should be comfortable doing technical work, data analysis, modelling and contracts work as part of a multi-skilled team
- A client-centric approach to work is essential, with a track record of problem solving
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on any basis. We support flexible working and this role will be considered on a flexible basis.