Our sophisticated approach to risk helps clients free up capital. We work in close concert with investors, reinsurers, and insurers to manage the equation between risk and return. Blending advanced analytics with deep institutional knowledge, we reveal new opportunities to maximize performance.
Willis Re is one of the world’s leading Reinsurance advisors. Over our 180-year history, we have developed a deep insight into all aspects of the global insurance industry. In particular, we understand how individual insurance companies develop and drive their own unique strategies to achieve their goals. We help ensure that our clients have the right protection in place so that when the unfortunate or unexpected hits, it’s not catastrophic for their business. We think of ourselves as selling resilience for a risky world.
We have a deep understanding of risk – and all the ways it affects capital and an organisation’s financial performance. Our core focus is to provide you with a superior understanding of the risks you face, and then advise you on the best ways to manage extreme outcomes.
- The primary role is to originate, structure and execute reinsurance arrangements for Japanese clients – working closely with APAC Life & Health team in Singapore.
- To grow our portfolio of life & health broked reinsurance business in Japan.
- To interact regularly with clients in order to successfully complete each transaction, but they should be an independent worked, and technically capable of the work required to execute such transaction.
- To ensure to bring international innovations into Japan for the benefit of clients.
- The secondary role is to provide administration work for existing reinsurance contracts.
- Experience in Life actuarial role, product development or business development role
- A good understanding of life & products, including both pricing and valuation
- Strong analytical skills: comfortable doing technical work, data analysis and modelling
- Good communication skill
- Understands the importance of teamwork: contracts work as part of a multi-skilled team
- High levels of proficiency in both Japanese & English
- A client-centric approach to work with a track record of problem solving
- Qualified actuary or senior actuarial student, experienced with life & health business
- Highly client-focused with the goal of delivering solutions that meet Clients’ needs
- Experience with reinsurance
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on any basis. We support flexible working and this role will be considered on a flexible basis.